Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube too slow for working from home

ihatebodafone90
3: Seeker

I'm having a nightmare with Vodafone and my 5g gigacube. It used to work very well but about 2 months ago became extremely slow. Vodafone admitted there was a network issue in my area, yet the problems persisted once the network issues were officially "resolved". I have since spoken to the technical team about 6 times and despite trying everything they suggest nothing has improved. I have also made a formal complaint. The complaint team has done absolutely nothing to resolve my complaint and simply say they need to raise it with the technical team (but they never do). So now I am stuck in a loop of the complaint team phoning me every week and asking me if the problem has magically fixed itself. When I say no they again state it needs to be raised with the technical team, but they never do this. I can no longer make video calls on the device as the upload speed is too slow. This affects my ability to work from home. I want to cancel my service as I feel it was missold (I was told it was "ideal for working from home") but I cannot get anyone at Vodafone customer service to escalate this. I am simply being passed round and round the same loop over and over again getting nowhere. I find Vodafone customer service absolutely shocking. It is almost as if someone designed the system to be as infuriating as possible.

16 REPLIES 16

I'm not sure you've understood my situation. I have been here since August 2021 using 5g. When I took out my contract this area WAS covered by 5g and (aside from the issues with the transmitter last year) I have been using the 5g service.  As I mentioned, I previously complained about the 5g service and was paid compensation for a 5g outage. Complaint reference 21169251. So clearly at one point there was a 5g service here but this appears to have been withdrawn. So this is not a case of fixing the 4g (in any case I have never received a good 4g signal here). If you are no longer providing a 5g service at my home address where you were previously, surely you would need to release me from my contract.

My apologies for any confusion - I do understand what you're saying @ihatebodafone90 and when I check the postcode now it's showing you're not in a 5G area. 

So we can look into this and your previous complaint further, please get in touch with us via social media - if you remember to include your Community username and a link to your post, then you won't need to repeat yourself. 

Well they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard. They didn't read the post even though I linked it. After explaining myself again they do not appear to have comprehended what I am saying. Their response was:

"Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, we do not offer 5G coverage at this post code. However, you will be able to connect to the 4G network and use the Gigacube in the same way. Though there are strong 5G areas nearby which might be the reason for fluctuations of services." It really beggars belief. This is the same poor customer service I had to deal with last year, going round and round getting nowhere, so I can see my only option will be the ombudsman, or small claims, as it appears no-one in Vodafone can understand my issue or do anything to resolve it! My issue is that I used to get a 5g service here, I have been using it since I took out the contract in August 2021, but now the 5g service is no longer available here, so I would like you to cancel my contract as you are not providing the service I contracted for.

Whyallthelies

I’m having exactly the same issue although they’ve sent me a new unit it’s actually worse which is quite something! Money saving expert has a service called resolva I’m currently trying that to try to get them to respond to me. Absolutely reporting them to the ombudsman as well, it’s terrible they think the consumer contracts regulations law just doesn’t apply to them. 

RachelGomez123
4: Newbie

If your GigaCube is slower than expected, try:

Moving it into an area of the home with better signal
Reducing the number of devices connected to it at any one time
Other things that affect speed include:

Time of day – at busy times we have to manage internet traffic to make sure everyone can get signal
Where you live – if you've moved to an area with poor coverage, this will affect the speed and quality of your GigaCube connection

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

Gigacubejackie
1: Seeker

Well my Gigacube was working fine until 25thMarch 2023. After many phone calls like yourself ( after having to be told to go on the web!!!) they have collected my Gigacube for repair! Today  11th April, I am waiting for another phone call. Apparently my repair job was cancelled and what with the Easter holidays it might be until 13th April to find out if it has been repaired. I will have been without Vodafone Broadband for 19 days and it is still continuing. I asked why they couldn’t send out a new Gigacube. No that is not the protocol! Has no-one got an ounce of common sense at Vodafone. ?

To get emails I have had to use my Sky mobile hot spot on my computer.

I cannot get streaming on my Sky Q box and no use of my Sky mini box. So no apps, No Netflix, iPlayer etc.

No Alexa

No WiFi printer

No smart plugs that turn on lights etc.

I am disabled and need these services.

Apologies for the delay in getting your Gigacube fixed @Gigacubejackie. If you pop us a message via one of our social channels, we'll be happy to to look into what's caused this, keep you up to date on our progress and see what options are available to help get you connected while it's being fixed.