cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Have to call in each time to 'activate' purchased data!!

ssparrowg
2: Seeker

I bought a mobile broadband dongle about ten days ago, included with 15GB of data.

As I'm using it for work I decided to top-up on the My Vodafone page on my computer last week with an extra 15GB as I know I'll need it.  However, six days later and the extra 15GB is not showing on my account page, only the remainder of the initial 6 that came with the purchase of the dongle.

I wasted an hour yesterday trying to get someone to help me and then again today another half an hour. 

What they are telling me is that even though you can buy 15GB it can't be added to your account, so each time I am almost of of data then I have to call them (and waste some more time) and then they will add on an extra 6GB's and then 6 again and then 3 until I have used up my 15.....!!! 

Is this correct?? Seriously? They have taken my £25 and yet I cannot have the GB on my account unless I call in, and then I can only call in when I am nearly out of the 6GB allocated.

3 REPLIES 3

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That doesn't sound right to me @ssparrowg and I think our team will need to take a look into this for you. Pop us a private message through one of our social channels, we'll be able to take a closer look into it and provide you with a more workable solution.

StrangeR

OMG I went through this exact thing today!! I’m more confused now than when I started! 
I asked them to activate the 15GB pack because I need to do online training all day on Friday and I’m not sure the 6GB will last the day. 
Apparently the person I spoke to via messaging has asked for it to be activated which could take between 2 or 24 hours. I can’t see that data pack in my extras now so I’m hoping it’s on its way to being activated. 

It would be helpful to have info about how data packs work on their main website. Hope it gets sorted for you. 

tonypmuk

This happened to me in January.  It took my payment for £25 15GB worked for less than a day then disappeared.  Not even showing as a purchase or credit in the online account.  The help desk orderered a new pack (twice) but neither of those worked.  The third agent solved the issue by adding three smaller bundles.

Now it has happened again this month.  I purchased the bundle on 13th April.  It worked initially but never showed in the account, then the next day it was not working.  A new 15GB pack was added by the agent who said it would take up to 24hours to activate (not really acceptable).  However not working this morning so I called in again and the agent said he would ensure the 'experts' would manually activate the bundle.  I am still waiting. 

He also mentioned that he may need to add three 6G bundles to get round the (known?) 'problem' of the 15Gb bundle failing. 

Can this issue really still be an outstanding fault after 3 months?  It really is a great shame because this bundle is perfect for my needs, but it looks like I am going to have to switch to a different provider