Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei

Mossy4015
2: Seeker

I have HUAWEI B535 when I do a manual network search It says Vodafone forbidden. All other networks are available

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Mossy4015 

According to this thread that router should work with Vodafone Uk.

4g-on-Huawei-B535. 

Without hands on I can only assume it's a setting etc that needs looking at or a glitch and trying again may connect it.

Possibly Huawei own support pages may help or there might be a Huawei Community Forum that has help within it.

A similar thread but not the same model.

Vodafone-SIM-Not-Working-in-a-Huawei-E586. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I’ve looked at the network search and it says EE = allowed

O2 =allowed 

3 =allowed 

Voda = forbidden. 
thank you. 

It won’t let me change the APN, as it says no/invalid SIM card. I can see the Three/ EE APN because it recognises the SIM cards. The only SIM card it doesn’t recognise is Vodafone, maybe because it says forbidden. 
than you. 

If you are getting an “Invalid SIM Card” or “No SIM” error, you can try restarting your Android device, removing the SIM card and re-adding it, and resetting network and APN settings. If nothing works, you may need to replace your damaged SIM card with another one (from the same carrier), keeping your number.

Mossy4015

The device was given to me by my father after he went on fixed broadband. The SIM card was delivered to me from Vodafone U.K.  

Thank you. 

It definitely works with a Three and EE SIM card, I tried them both. 
Thank you. 

BandOfBrothers

@Mossy4015 wrote:

The device was given to me by my father after he went on fixed broadband. The SIM card was delivered to me from Vodafone U.K.  

Thank you. 

Ok @Mossy4015 

Then as long as the Vodafone sim card is working _ test it in a phone if possible and the huawei has the correct Internet settings for Vodafone Uk it should work.

Please re check these settings.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

It won’t let me change the settings as it says invalid/no SIM card. I can see the settings with the three/EE SIM card because it recognises the SIM cards. 
Thank you. 

BandOfBrothers

Looks to be locked off to Vodafone Uk for some reason.

Unfortunately as Vodafone didn't supply the device they won't be able to support it.

There might be a huawei community forum or forum for that device that members there might be able tosupply a workaround or try a Google search @Mossy4015 

Or in the thread I added a person called @Litas  is using that device so maybe private message them to ask what they did to make it work.

Current Phone  >