cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not getting 100Mbs but 4Mbs on dongle MAX PLAN.

Jedrek
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I signed up for a third contract with the Vodafone store in Westwood cross Shepherd’s Bush on the 08/07/20 with Omar,  came in and said I had heard there was a pay monthly internet plan but didn’t know details

It was suggested that it must be the dongle plan, so I enquired further stating I need unlimited internet with fast enough speed to play online games unhindered.

Omar sold me an unlimited plan with a 100Mbs speed.

(He did NOT say “up to 100Mbs and it gets capped after 100gb” I was told “it’s 100Mbs” or I would have enquired as to what that meant because I know that could mean I only receive 2Mbs)

I go home, set it up, for approx five minutes I had the advertised full speed and then it cut down to roughly 6Mbs and stayed in that area, speed was tested on three different devices.

I went back to the store the next day and spoke to Omar again, he conferred with colleagues re my speed issue to which I was told the speed problem may be due to a faulty SIM card, I was issued a new sim.

I tried the sim.

It made no difference.

I went on live chat (see transcript) through the Vodafone app hoping to resolve the issue, seemed like a good, handy feature but unfortunately after near two hours & being cut off after the first hour from the adviser who was trying to get me to login to the screen of a dongle! Something which doesn’t even exist....I then got cut off.

I then spoke to another adviser who had me turn the dongle off and on again, but could not figure out why my speed was so low, I got frustrated and said I wanted to terminate the contract, they put me through to the applicable adviser but they never got past the intro massage on the live chat so I disconnected deciding to go into the store again! Not ideal During a pandemic.

24/07/20 So third time back to the store I explain the situation to which I’m now told my plan is NOT unlimited and infact the speed gets capped after 100gb. I was not told this at any point previously when I signed up and asked for UNLIMITED internet or at any point during either of the two store visits ...or two hours on live chat.

The lady conferred with the store manager Kevin & they said they would upgrade the plan to Max, completely unlimited and give a 15% discount for the aggravation. I was told I may have to wait 24hours and then it will be live, she said my new bill will be £27 (plus change can’t remember the exact pence) Instead of £28..when I got home I realised that’s not a 15% discount but I was tired and thought if it works now then I’m happy.

I did not receive any email notification of this updated contract.

I go home, 7 days later still no change, in fact now I’m getting 2Mbs out of the supposed 100Mbs I’m paying for, so after 3 store visits during a pandemic to a Vodafone store in a shopping centre and two hours on the Vodafone apps live chat ...it’s worse.

I waited patiently thinking maybe because of covid things are taking longer.

13/08/20 I had enough spare time to visit the store again!

I speak to a lady and tell this whole story...who now tells me I have to phone the technical team! And they could not deal with my issue...it was not possible for them to help me.

I asked her to please double check what plan I’m on, and she did, infuriatingly the plan had NOT been switched over!!🤯 after a half hour last time in store....nothing was done!! How is that possible?

She then tells me she can move me onto the plan I asked for on day one, but it would cost over £30 a month and she also told me that the 15% discount i had been offered before was a standard thing and gets offered to everyone when they sign up, so it wasn’t a goodwill gesture at all!!

Anyway, she put me on to the Max plan (I hope) but it’s now going to cost me more cash as well as the time I’ve already spent.

I asked to speak to the store manager but he’s not in until tomorrow so she suggested I come back AGAIN then and talk to him about this.

I’ve tried really hard to just get what I was sold, 100Mbs UNLIMITED internet, I did not ask for unlimited but limited, I asked for unlimited and i was told it was just that when I originally signed up.

I had little confidence this issue will be resolved or even if the plan was updated during today’s visit, I again waiting for another 24hrs to see if it changes.

15/08/20 - 

still no email from Vodafone with updated contract details and my internet speed is still less than a quarter of the speed I was told it would be a point of sale.

So I go back to the store at 14:20

Kevin the store manager is there, he tells me because my speed is above 2Mbs I must be on the max plan, I tell him I have speed checks via Vodafone app listing all my checks and clearly that wasn’t true.

we check the computer and SURPRISE! I’m still on the original plan. After two visits to store where they said they upgraded my plan...it still had not happened!! So I sat for 20mins whilst they tried to (for the second time) move me to the UNLIMITED MAX. Plan....

Apparently it has now been done, they said this twice before so I have zero faith.

15:19 (15/08/20)

Checked the Vodafone app and my plan has been updated. I’m being charged over £35 a month! What happened to the 15% discount?

Checked the internet speed....10Mbs check network via Vodafone coverage tool and it’s all full signal. So now it’s on the max plan....the speed is slower than it was this morning on a lesser plan and I’m being charged MORE for that privilege.

I just want somewhere near 100Mbs ...60 upwards and I’d be happy but I’m getting less than 10% of advertised speed!! For £35 a month?!! 

what do I do now?  My brothers telling me to go to the ombudsman & ofcom.

Thank you for your time, it’s appreciated.

Mr Jedrek

1 REPLY 1

MarkD

Thanks for your message and the information provided @Jedrek. Our social media team would love to take a look at your experience and check out both the speeds & price plan. You find how to contact our team here