Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Server Connection Error

ChrisRivers
2: Seeker

I have a client who were able to send scans to emails from their printers. Their emails are on Office 365.
Since they got a 4G router with a Vodafone sim in the scans are not being sent.
The SMTP settings are set to use the MX Point to location company-co-uk.mail.protection.outlook.com, using port 25 with StartTLS enabled and authentication off. As I said this was working.

After getting the 4G router, as the land line got accidentaly cut, and won't be replaced, the scans to email fail with Server Connection Error.

Any idea where to start looking. I have tried all the combinations of ports (25 or 587) TLS on or off, Authentication on or off and nothing seems to work and they all get the same error.

5 REPLIES 5

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @ChrisRivers, that's very strange and not something I've come across before ðŸ¤” What make and model of printer are you using? Also what 4G router do you have the SIM in? Pop back to me and I'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you. 

Hi,

The printer is a TOSHIBA eStudio and the Router is a D-Link DWR-953.
This issue is affecting 3 sites, all using 4G routers and a vatiety of TOSHIBA eStudio printers. Other sites, connected via a land line, are working fine, it is just sites connected via 4G.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChrisRivers  - We’d like to take a look at the numbers from here, to make sure everything’s connected as they should be. For us to do this, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username. This will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Gemma,

I went to the Facebook link and got a message saying I would receive a security code. unfortunately, I never got this.

Regards,

Chris.

ChrisRivers

Okay, It looks like external IP addresses from Vodaphone are being blocked by Spamhaus.

Have created an Office365 account with email and used this as the user for the printer and using smtp.office365.com as the SMTP server. This seems to have worked.