Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Turn off 5G only on Gigacube

demandedx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

is it possible to turn off the 5G part of the Gigacube? 

When I first got the cube it wasn't recieving 5g which I was frustrated with but the 4G+ was giving me 200 down which was more that sufficient so I let it go. Recently though the cube has begun picking up 5G but the speeds it is giving me are so much worse at about 80 down. This is still a fairly decent speed but the latency has risen from 19ms to in the 100s of ms which isn't acceptable. So is there any way I can go back to just receiving 4G?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

I have exactly the same problem trying to turn off 5G. I have just bought a 5G Gigacube to future proof myself ready for when it's in my area. Both 5G and 4G lights are green on the Gigacube indicating that I have good reception on 4G and 5G even though I only have 4G in my area so I'm hoping if it can be turned off the Gigacube won't be searching for something that doesn't exist and I'll get more than the 15-20 Mbps I'm getting at the moment. I upgraded from the R219 device which was capped at 10Mbps but I this not much better than that old one.
If someone could talk me through this either on the HiLink app on iPhone or the Mobile Broadband web page it would be good.

Thanks in advance

Please say pal