main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Mobile Broadband

Unlocking mobile wifi device R219h

1: Seeker

I am trying to unlock my MiFi device R219h.

I have successfully requested my NUC from Vodafone, and I'm following the steps in https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc/

When I connect my device to my laptop, it directs me to 192.168.0.1 where I'm asked for my admin password for the device. However, I cannot find a prompt to unlock my NUC. I tried going to 192.168.8.1, but I get "The site can't be reached" (a Chrome error).

When the device is on, all three lights are green (including the signal light). However, I cannot connect to internet through my MiFi device. I think this may be because the device is still locked. Does anyone know how I can unlock my device?

View more options
1 REPLY 1

Hi @chris51333 just to confirm do you have another networks SIM in the device when doing this, as you will need this for the prompt to appear? 

View more options