Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking mobile wifi device R219h

chris51333
1: Seeker

I am trying to unlock my MiFi device R219h.

I have successfully requested my NUC from Vodafone, and I'm following the steps in https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc/

When I connect my device to my laptop, it directs me to 192.168.0.1 where I'm asked for my admin password for the device. However, I cannot find a prompt to unlock my NUC. I tried going to 192.168.8.1, but I get "The site can't be reached" (a Chrome error).

When the device is on, all three lights are green (including the signal light). However, I cannot connect to internet through my MiFi device. I think this may be because the device is still locked. Does anyone know how I can unlock my device?

5 REPLIES 5

Andy

Hi @chris51333 just to confirm do you have another networks SIM in the device when doing this, as you will need this for the prompt to appear? 

Hi,

I’m having the same issues as mentioned in the first post of this thread. I have made sure that it is not a Vodafone sim in the device but I am not being prompted to input the unlock code anywhere. Instead I am just being directed to the Vodafone Mobile login page.

Thanks

Anthony

Hi @AntSp87, thanks for your post. Have you already requested and received your NUC? When you insert another provider's SIM Card and connect the device to a PC or laptop, can you tell us what browser you're using to access to access the 192.168.8.1 site? 🙂

Hey Mark, thanks for getting back to me.

Yes already received my NUC code.

I have tried using both Chrome and Edge. At first I had an Asda sim inserted (thinking it may not need unlock as you guys power their network), but was receiving an error to say the site can’t be reached. Now when using an EE sim and try to access the site, it looks like it is trying to load then takes me to a Vodafone page that says ‘Internet disconnected’ and ‘Diagnosing’, which the directs me to the Mobile Wi-Fi login page. I’ve tried this a dozen times but always get the same results 

Thanks for that information @AntSp87, if you drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook with your account number, name and the NUC provided, our team will be more than happy to take a look at this. You can find the social media contact details here