Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Website Loading Issues / Not Displaying At All - When Using 4g Data

razor1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

When I try to access certain websites with my 4g data some websites are won't show up at all, but when I switch over to my WiFi the websites load up straight away without any issues.

I have spoken to Vodafone support many times, about clearing cookies/cache, resetting internet settings, removing any age restrictions/bars (which I didn't have anyway) but nothing seems to work.

I am thinking that using 4g may have more security things in place, so I've been doing research and I believe it has something to do with the SSL certificates on the websites, the SSL certs on the websites I am trying to get access to have SHA-1, which this website says web browsers may block, as Microsoft says:

https://www.neowin.net/news/all-major-microsoft-services-will-exclusively-use-sha-2-from-next-month/

I just wanted to know if this is the case from Vodafone? As I have used other websites which use SHA-1 certificates and I can access them without any issues.

Has anyone else had any problems accessing some websites? or even loading issues where you have to refresh the pages 6-8 times to get access sometimes?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Steph

Hey @razor1 I hope you're well and having a good week! 

I can certainly appreciate how frustrating it is to be unable to access certain websites on 4G. Have we checked that your SecureNet is fully disabled? 

PipRod
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the same problem, when out and about and there's no WiFi hotspots available I can't access any browser pages at all. Very frustrating. Doesn't happen with other networks....

Hi @PipRod, this sounds very frustrating! Have you ever been able to use 4G when you're away from home? If this happens in just a couple of locations, if you search the area here, are we doing any work or aware of any issues?