cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% proof that Vodafone is doing something with the services.

GreatBritian
4: Newbie

Hello.

Unforunately after speaking to multiple departments within Vodafone it appears no-one is able to take my concerns seriously in regards to the Unlimited Max Plan, and I have found no real way of sending proof of what is actually happening to your agents so I have had to as a last resort record a video of what is happening in my area and uploaded it to YouTube in hope that the Social Media Team members will look at this and liaise with the Technical Department to investigate this.

Please see the below YouTube video URL for proof that something is 100% going on with the connection.
(The device in question is a Note 10 Plus 5G)

In this video you will see me performing a speedtest made using the SpeedTest App available on the PlayStore showing what appears to be throttled speed without the use of a VPN (Speeds of usually up to 10Mb/s although this test got slightly more) and then performing the test again using a VPN (ExpressVPN) which will significantly increase the speeds.
Please understand that this is taken in the exact same place and the only difference is the fact that i'm connected to a VPN.

I appreciate that I have been dealing with the Vodafone's Directors Office (They themselves admitted they are not technically trained) and I appreciate the steps which my complaint handler has performed to my account in a attempt to resolve the issue and the discount provided to me, however I do feel that Vodafone hasn't properly taken into account my concerns and raised a full investigation to figure out what is actually going on and made no attempt at actually investigating the issues raised with them. I do feel like I have been brushed off with a Discount which I admit is appreciated everyone loves a discount but I think someone from the Technical Team would be more ideal to conduct a full investigation into what is actually happening.

I have no idea what is going on with the service and why this is the way it is. I have had a browse through the Vodafone Forum and have noticed multiple people posting near enough the same issue on Vodafone's Broadband Package users, whilst I don't see this mentioned much for Mobile Devices or Mobile Plans. I appear to of read a potential Routing Issue with Vodafone or something along those lines not that long ago.

I will say that I am located within the Kingston Upon Hull area which I am believing that CityFibre have something to do with it, but the same happened in Manchester which is confusing. I have used every major Mobile Network in this area such as O2, Three and EE and I have never experienced this kind of issue with them.

It's also worth noting that I do like Vodafone, I've been on Voxi before and loved them. All I ask is that Vodafone takes my concerns seriously and notice there's a major issue rather than just dismissing them with a Discount or a Account refresh (Disabling Sim and Re-enabling) which has been performed twice now. I want Vodafone to take this message seriously and conduct a full investigation into the concerns raised and speak to the people who deal with the Masts and figure out what is actually going on.

Tried and tested activies in a attempt to resolve the issues include.

- Connecting to a VPN - Worked and made a massive difference as shown in the Video above

- Changing the device - This made no difference
- Changing the Sim Card - This made no difference
- Changing the DNS to 1.1.1.1/8.8.4.4 - This made no difference
- Manually selecting another network and then back to Vodafone - This made no difference
- Refreshing the APN settings - This made no difference
- Having my account Refreshed - This made no difference

I have done a Traceroute test to try and help Vodafone locate the issues with which server address's my requests are going through.
(On all the Traceroute tests I have completed numbers 2, 5 and 6 have timed out regardless of where it's going to).

Tracing route to google.co.uk [216.58.213.3]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.42.129
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    71 ms     *        *     192.168.213.21
  4    39 ms    40 ms    38 ms  192.168.213.22
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7    41 ms    38 ms    41 ms  63.130.127.221
  8    60 ms    40 ms    37 ms  90.255.251.18
  9    38 ms    39 ms    40 ms  108.170.246.161
 10    46 ms    40 ms    40 ms  172.253.65.211
 11    57 ms    42 ms    38 ms  ber01s14-in-f3.1e100.net [216.58.213.3]

I would love other people to share their input on this forum post if they have had the same kind of issue and if Vodafone was able to resolve the issue how and what actions where taken to the account to resolve the issue.

I would appreciate it if the Social Media Team members could forward this to someone in the Technical Team within Vodafone who can take a look at this video and information presented through the Traceroute and figure out what is going on and investigate to come up with a solution for this issue.

113 REPLIES 113

Shane88

Same issue here in Milton Keynes. We have a full 4G coverage but can't use data. There is clearly a big issue here but nobody is fixing it and customer services are unaware of any issue. 

this needs to be fixed. Something is majorly wrong Vodafone!! 

I've sent a message to Vodafones social media team however haven't had a response yet.

vinod

Hi,

Post deleted

Admins/mods - PLEASE delete my above post. :Thumbs_Down:

It has not made any difference.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G I appear to have different options to you?

Is there a android setting that does the same ?

Edit - I didn't see your reply below it.

I just don't think it's fair I should be reliant on using a VPN to get decent speeds and to use the services properly as advertised.

As if as other people have said they are encountering the same issue then Vodafone should investigate this issue and find what the cause is.

Completely agree,  I have installed 1.1.1.1 VPN (free DNS from cloudfare, ios app) and my phone is performing much better.

I am more of less certain now that this is a major ISSUE with Vodafone networks, and I really hope someone will pay attention, especially their core networks team based in Newark near Nottingham.

The other call  centre / chat staffs are totally clueless and all they know is to reset settings.

Mine did when I installed it but unforunately it won't last based on my experience.

Agree, there is something fundamentally going wrong, I believe it is the traffic routing management of vodafone 4G infrastructure deployed at certain locations.  Have you tried turning off your 4G and completely switching to 3G mode, has it made any difference?

On android disabling the usage permissions for the My Vodafone app seems to temp resolve things.

It seems to only be temp though as I have to keep toggling it after a while.