Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G data stopped working on iPhone X

Mystical0951
2: Seeker

About two weeks ago 4G data will not function on my iPhone X. So get a functioning iPhone 7 using “3” and a the non functioning iPhone X using Vodafone. Swapped both sims over and everything works. Swapped them back and the iPhone X 4G fails. Apple have hardware tested phone all okay. Vodafone have played with just about every setting, even reset my account and still no joy. Took back to apple who reset phone- 4G worked, Got back home 4G not working. Has anyone ever experienced this conundrum? 

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I see you have already carried out some good self help troubleshooting processes as a process of elimination.

Ok so the iPhone attained 4G in the Apple Store but not at home. This sounds like an intermittent issue to me.

Does the iPhone attain 4G in other places ?

I'm wondering if this is in some way due to your iphone failing @Mystical0951 as from what you write everything was ok until 2 weeks ago.

This does not sound like the masts / network sim card or your account from what you write.

Does the phone work ok on 3G etc ?

If so then I have come across past posts where the persons phone for some reason wanted to connect to 3G etc and not always 4G.

A phone won't always connect to the strongest signal.

Unfortunately there's not always a resolution to this type of issue and with some people phones it just resolves itself. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for info. To clarify I walked around my estate and 3G popped up with full strength, however I couldn’t connect to the internet ie no data. 

Also the service provider changed from Vodafone UK to Vodafone edge . This I believe is a weak signal service?

The way I see it from my diagnosis is that My Vodafone account will not work with my  iPhone X now, something must have gone corrupt with my account 😔- I’m waiting for tech support to phone back Wednesday reference area signal checks buy it can’t be this because my Vodafone sim works perfectly in my  Watch this space👍

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mystical0951 I'm sorry to hear you're having problems using 4G data on your phone. I'll be happy to check the signal in your area, so we can rule out any possibilities that the issue may be to do with the network 😊
So I can help you further, please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.
If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll take a closer look.

Thanks, but as I’ve said i have swapped the Vodafone sim into an iPhone 7 and a 3 sim into the X and everything works perfectly. So it can’t be the signal. I’m almost certain now it’s an account issue  but after very long conversations with people telling me to try this and that, still no joy. I’ll wait to see what tech support says regarding the transmitter on Wednesday, but I think I know the answer😔

Im having the same problems. My mobile data has stopped working. I've visited the Vodafone shop on 2 separate occasions and was given a new sim. This didn't solve it and I was told it was something to do with my account settings and advised it would be reset and to allow 24hrs. It's now been over 48hrs. Ive since had 2 live chat conversation, a call with the complaint team, a call with the technical team and logged a formal complaint. I was promised a call back earlier this evening and I'm still awaiting!! 😞

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mystical0951 That's fine, if you have any further queries or you're still experiencing difficulty after speaking with our Technical Support team, don't hesitate to pop back to me and I'll gladly assist you further. 

@Lauran I'm sorry to hear you're facing similar issues with your 4G coverage and it isn't working after swapping your SIM, I appreciate how important it is to stay connected. Did you receive the call back you were promised? If not, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

Habeebi

Me Too. 4G stopped working on my iphone X since last week.

I cannot get in touch with Vodafone directly.

Habeebi

Me too. my iphone X 4G stopped working since last Sunday.

i cannot get through to Vodafone directly.

Very frustrating

Hi @Habeebi, what issues are you having with the iPhone X? We're sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get through to us yet, have you sent us a message on Facebook or Twitter?