Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Calls dropped and poor WiFi calling.

robbo698
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, my Sure Signal has recently stopped working and we've been forced onto WiFi calling. We're in a poor signal area (hence why we had a Sure Signal)  so this is a predominant mode. I have 300 Mbps down and 100Mbps up fibre connection with only 1 other PC connected via Ethernet to the router. Yet our phones (my wife and I) the only 2 devices via WiFi iphones keep dropping connection and have garbled connections. IIt isn't congestion on the network as there is only the 2 of us on this WiFi connection, nor packet losses as my gaming ping is circa 1 to 10mS. Will Vodafone reintroduce a new version of the sure signal, 4G perhaps?  Or will we both have to go to another provider? 

6 REPLIES 6

Andy

Hi @robbo698 👋 I don't believe there are any plans to bring another Sure Signal to market mainly because of the wide availability of Wi-Fi calling now. It is strange that you are having this type of issue especially with the bandwidth you have available. One thing that can sometimes cause an issue like this is when a VPN is running on your phone, can I ask if you have any VPN's on your phone?

Hi Andy

no we don’t use a a VPN , my wife and I experience the same issue. We don’t encounter any issues either with WhatsApp or FaceTime. I’m thinking because we’re in a poor signal area the Vodafone algorithm jumps between WiFi calling and then the low signal from the mast causing garbled calls. It should commit to a WiFi call and stick with that. 

Hey @robbo698 

Thanks for getting back to us. So that we can investigate the issues you're facing, please reach out to our Social Media team here

I’m sorry- probably being really slow here, but how will the social media team (p.s. the link is broken) help with a technical issue? 

Apologies for the broken link @robbo698 does this one work: Social Media Team. If not you can reach out to the Social Media team through Facebook at vodafone.uk/3K1e4GB or via Twitter at vodafone.uk/3nfdPyY

The team can run detailed checks on the network status and coverage in your area, check for any planned network upgrades, they can also run through some settings checks with you and raise any cases of investigation to the Network team. 

IMG_5486.png