Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data roaming not working

sollyw
1: Seeker

I have just arrived in Switzerland and my data roaming will only work for about 10 seconds before it disconnects from the singal and will not connect after that. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

amh13
4: Newbie

Hi, what network are you using? I recommend manually selecting Swisscom. 

Also, are you connecting to 4g ok? 

I was in Switzerland this morning and had no issues with roaming on Swisscom, in Lugano. 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It could be the Network your using is having issues @sollyw

It wouldn't harm to eject the SIM card,wipe it and re insert it. 

Please Try manually choosing another Network. 

As a process of elimination to rule out the sim card or phone that is possibly at issue can you please try your Sim Card in another phone and another sim card in your phone. 

It's worth just checking your MyVodafone roaming settings even tho the phone is connecting for a very short period. 

Also it could be beneficial to check if your phones frequencies and bands are supported by the Networks own frequencies and bands it uses. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @sollyw

If you are able to make calls and send texts, as far as your connection is concerned, you won't have any issues.

With you being in a roam free destination, you will be using your UK allowance and there may be a data cap on your account preventing you from using any further data.  If you are able to find Wifi access, this might be something to check from your online account.  Live chat should work from abroad, but this also depends on WiFi access.