Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting an old phone number

RainbowJessica
2: Seeker

I had an old phone number which I originally got from Vodafone back in 2011, I changed my number and got rid of that SIM card 8 months ago. For Google sign in I need that number back, is there anyway of getting it back through Vodafone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

There have been previous threads asking this question @RainbowJessica , from the forum search facility these threads came up.

Retrieving cancelled number - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Solved: Retrieve old number - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Unfortunately, as it been 8 months since the number change and disconnection from the number it's very unlikely but no harm asking.  Drop the Social Team a message through social channels and they will help as much as they can Contact Us 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

There have been previous threads asking this question @RainbowJessica , from the forum search facility these threads came up.

Retrieving cancelled number - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Solved: Retrieve old number - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Unfortunately, as it been 8 months since the number change and disconnection from the number it's very unlikely but no harm asking.  Drop the Social Team a message through social channels and they will help as much as they can Contact Us 

RainbowJessica

Thank you for the reply :Smiling:

THG3000-IPv6
4: Newbie

Did you try calling the number?
Is it in service?

If do not want to do that,
you can send it a "SIlent SMS" from app called "SMS Ping" found in F-Droid store (Android).

If it is in service, then I would call it and explain my situation, rather then committing to a new contract.

With Google and many other you can and IMHO should use 2FA method over SMS.
Great app is FreeOTP/FreeOTP+ or Google offers their own.