cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help wanted! Can't hear caller/or vice versa when reviewing calls, signal drops out but still connec

Jabbah
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Really flustrated with Vodafone. On Tuesday at 7am, three phones in my home(2 contract, 1 pay as you go),are dropping signal or cannot make/receive calls. This happens with all numbers or call will hold up for max 4 minutes including on WiFi calling. I have spoken to tech team time after time, gone through all the checks including de and reregistering on network via account reset but nothing works. This on two monthly phones happens only within my home yet pay as you go is every location! Other people in the area have reported same issue but I've been told maintenance was finished yesterday and signal is patchy. I'm paying out nearly £90 a month for these phones which are basically useless unless you want to text, which works fine! I'm now at a loss over it and considering taking the phones to shop and basically cancelling every service. Can anyone help as I'm at a loss?!! 

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Vodafone would recommend following this link Network Issues  @Jabbah and to complete the template giving an example of the issue.   Copy and paste the results back on this thread, when the Team on the forum have investigated the issue they will be straight back to you.

It's strange that data calling is not working correctly, the main advantage of data calling is being able to make and receive calls without a mobile connection.

TEMPLATE-----------------------------------------------

SG18 Biggleswade 

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Yes on two monthly. No on pay as you go. Town centre about 1 mile away

2) SG18 0NS 

3) Does the issue occur if your SIM card in a different phone? YES

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?4G, OR 3g then signal bars go from 3 to none. 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?All

6) When did you first notice this issue?Tuesday 17th May at 7-8 am

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?Permanent

Copied and filled in template for network team. Posted

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for completing the trouble shooting steps @Jabbah. I've checked you postcode in our Network Status Checker and it appears we only guarantee a 3g service whilst out side in your postcode. This will explain you difficulty connecting to a 3G service in you home. Our 4g connection in this area however is much stronger, so you shouldn't be having any issues using this network. Interestingly, you've mentioned being unable to connect to WiFi Calling either. When using WiFi Calling you'd be connecting via you home broadband service, not our mobile network. This would indicate the issue maybe connected to the handsets rather than the network. To help us check if there are issues when using WiFi calling, please switch the mobile connection off in your phone settings and try to make a call just using your WiFi calling and let us know if you're still struggling to hear, or be heard.
We also need to look into why you're receiving no service in any location with your PAYG service. As both our PAYG and Pay monthly numbers connect to the same network, your PAYG number, should have the same level of coverage as you Pay monthly numbers. As this number has no connection in areas your Pay monthly numbers connect, this is another indicator that there maybe a fault with you handset or SIM. To help us identify where the fault lies we need you to pop your PAYG SIM into one of the phones that were able to connect through one of you Pay monthly SIM's and let us know if the issue persists.

Hi Mark,

With regards my pay as you go mobile. I have put the sim into three other phones and as the original phone (E120 I), service is showing with 2 bars on 4g network. However as previously mentioned when I make or receive a call, the signal suddenly drops and you cannot even hear the pre recorded message as on dialing 2345 to obtain balance! This happens on every phone Yet texts are received /sent as normal. Therefore I don't think its sim or handset based I'm 99% certain it's network issues.

On the pay monthly mobile, I disabled mobile data etc and made calls via only the WiFi calling feature. So far this has worked so will update you if it keeps like this. I'm not sure I had mobile data etc disabled before.

Morning Mark.

My pay monthly mobile continued to have the same problem even via WiFi calling. Have checked with6my Internet provider and are constantly getting speeds over 25mb, its stable even with devices connected. Therefore it's not the home broadband. On WiFi calling, call will suddenly drop out even with mobile settings disabled or neither party can hear it each other! I have since read on the forum an old thread where others have experienced this issue too. I'm just really unsatisfied and it's causing a lot of stress all round. £90 plus for an unreliable useless service when I was assured there would be no more problems!!

AnnS

Hi @Jabbah 

To prevent this happening, turn on your flight (offline) mode, this will enable you to use data calling only at your home location and stop the phone from trying to connect to the mobile network when there is limited signal.  

Hope it helps.

Ann, I've already tried this and exactly the same thing happens. It is slightly better but the calls will still drop. I managed 8 mins this morning phoning through the network without WiFi calling, world record for Vodafone. The other phone is going to a Vodafone shop see if they can magic it back!! 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for coming back to us @Jabbah and for elaborating. 

I think we'll need to take a look at each number and how they're updating on the network, and to double check the Wi-Fi Calling is set up properly both on the account and on the phones. How long have you had the SIM cards? We may also look at replacing these before escalating. 

When your phone's on flight mode this disconnects all mobile connection, meaning any drops or issues with your calls over Wi-Fi that happen whilst it's on flight mode, are unrelated to the mobile network. 

So we can go through some security checks with you, please come and speak to my team via social media - if you include your community username and a link to your post, we'll be able to read all the information you've already provided and you won't need to repeat yourself 🙂