Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues with receiving SMS from some services

Tins
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, 

I am having issues with receiving SMS messages. I do get text messages from family/friends and some services, whereas some do not come through at all. For example, text messages from Uber Eats, NHS and other services do not get through at all for some reason. I have already been in touch with the chat and they have tried to reset several settings but the issue still exists. Anyone had a similar issue or any idea what this could be? 

(I have an Iphone 12 in case that might be relevant). 

Thanks! 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tins  how odd! As you're using an iPhone, have you checked your settings to make sure that the number registered on the device matches your number? If these don't match this may be what's causing your problem, but don't worry its really easy to fix! You'd just need to overtype the correct number. 

Hi Jack,

thanks for your feedback! I have just checked my settings and it is actually already the correct number. Any idea what else it could be?

thanks! 

regards,

tinci

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a spend manager or any bars on your account at all @Tins

Hi Jack, I am totally lost. I have tried everything, spend several hours on the chat, bars have been checked an all seems clear, rebooted my phone, got a new sim, tested my sim on a different phone etc and the issue is still there. It actually got worse because while rebooting my phone, I had to re-register for my banking app and they can't do that without sending me an OTP, which i am not receiving. They have done checks from their end and all seems clear. Also to add, there are other services that I have the same issue with such as Uber eats, NHS etc so can't be only linked to them. I have asked at chat if it could be a porting issue as this is what i read with regards to similar cases but I am not getting any further on the chat. Really getting frustrated now as I really have no idea what to do and they also don't seem to have any idea on what to do at the chat. Hope anyone can help me! 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for flagging this to us @Tins - as everything is as should be from what you've mentioned and you're able to receive texts from other contacts, we'll need to raise this with our Network Engineers who can implement a fix for you. So we can do this, please can you send us a message on Facebook/Twitter with your Community username and link to your post? You won't need to write your query out again then and we can get started ASAP on the fix 😁

I have the same issues, did you get a resolve?

Hi @Jacton230 👋 If you're experiencing any issue with receiving messages, please contact us over social media via this link, we will be able to investigate this further and escalate to our network teams if needed.

I have been on the phone with Vodafone for nearly 5hrs today trying to sort this, I have tried 3 phones, 3 sims, and still no joy.

Apologies for this @Jacton230 With what you have advised has been tried already, it does point to being a network issue that we will need to raise with our networks team. If you're able to contact the social team with the details I provided above and we can make sure this gets raised for you.