Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Media Streaming

lenfarrell
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I setup my new Vodafone  Router to allow Media Streaming PC to TV ?

8 REPLIES 8

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lenfarrell! I've found a link here that may help you get this set up. Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Sadly No. The PC and the TV cannot see each other.

In my previous Virgin System you could set up a link within the Router to allow them se see each other and the files could be transferred on demand. 

Vodafone Pro Router shoeld be able to do the same Im sure but the Help Desk are Im afraid Not Helpful. I tried yet another 45 mins yesyterday evening without success.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry the information Beth shared didn't help @lenfarrell. I'm sure we can get your devices speaking to each other. To help us understand a little more about the issue you're experiencing, could you let us know a little more information about this. Do you get any error messages when trying to link your TV and PC? If so, when do these appear, what are they and is it possible to get a screenshot?

In Media System my PC was connected via Wifi to my Router.

My Tv was connected to my Wifi  via WiFi

My TV Could see my PC Files as a Media Shaing device and I was able to watch PC downloaded Films on my TV

With Vodafone Pro Router they are similarly connected to the Router BUT neither can see each other.

I believe that the settings in my Virgin Router had the facillity to permit such a connection. However Vodafone Helpdesk are, at this time, unwilling to help. I have just discovered however that the connection is aavailable by way of  an ethernet connection from TV to Router. Not perfect but will work in the short term.

Many thanks

Len Farrell

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

It is strange that they connect when using a wired connection but not WiFi. I think we'll need to speak to our Tech team about this for you. So we can message you in a more real time environment, pop us a message through our social channels, don't forget to include your forum name and a link to this thread and we'll be happy to help get this sorted for you 😊

THanks for the interest ...but....... where are the Forum Social Channels you referred to ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you follow the hyperlink @Mark posted @lenfarrell, you'll find all the information relating to these channels 👍

Thanks, Gotcha.

Len