Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network queries when on Voxi

a_ukboy
4: Newbie

My question is, if you have a network issue, and you’re on Voxi can you talk to Vodafone customer services about it?
So i don’t have a fault exactly, but I do live in an area of virtually no coverage by both Vodafone and o2, it’s a large area of poor mobile connectivity in the GU85SX area, EE and Three both have great coverage here! Strangely enough Vodafone submitted 2 planning applications to Waverley borough council, one to add equipment to the existing local transmitter who supply both EE and recently Three 5G to the area, and a separate application to build a new mast at Witley Railway Station, both were approved by the borough council, this was back in 2020, but strangely both have never materialised..

When you search my postcode on both Vodafone and o2 website, they both state as good indoor 2G, 3G and 4G, however in reality outside we get 3G only and indoors with get a very fluctuating 3G signal from 3 bars to no service, when we do have indoor signal it never has any data throughput, can’t even get WhatsApp to connect..

I want to know if there’s any plans to improve the signal ( nothing in the next 3 months according to the status checker) and possibly find out why the 2 approved planning applications of more then 2.5 years ago have never resulted in improvements being taken? 
I know Voxi won’t be able to answer that, but wondered if Vodafone would?

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I notice you did raise this previously directly with Vodafone earlier this year here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Vodafone-Coverage-Checker/m-p/2681833#M170534

You may well find you will receive the same information, but there may be some improvements coming they would be unware off at the present time.  

If you have a broadband connection and a compatible phone take a look at WiFi calling, ideal for when there is limited or no mobile signal.  Check if your device is on the list of compatible devices by following the information here : Data Calling Further information from device guides here: Device Guides