Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal since 3g switch off

JAMESORCHARD
10: Established

Any one else got poor service/signal since 3g switch off? Think vodafone 3g switch off is a step backwards. My s22 ultra is always warm from always searching for signal since 3g switch off! Before I could get a steady 8mbps now I'm either getting nothing or  rarely 150mbps when 5g appears I've got to put my phone on silent at night to stop all the no service notifications 😑 poor show vodafone I'd rather have a reliable signal than this occasionally 1bar 4g or 1bar 5g

99 REPLIES 99

As my mathematics lecturer would have written on the old chalkboard, back in the day, GU ≠ GL 😄  Alternatively, you could express that as GU = GL - 84

Hi Danno, any resolution or did you change networks?

JAMESORCHARD

In fact this is the local mast

1000002344.jpg

Dude, awesome!!! 😮

JAMESORCHARD

Is there anyone at vodafone who can tell the truth🤔  vodafail please just tell me straight is this the best signal I am going to get for the foreseeable? 

As I mentioned there was a minor maintenance completed on the 13th March. I can see fro your screenshots that you contacted on Wednesday, I assume that was Wednesday just gone? Which would be the 13th March, I can only assume it is that which they are talking about. 

3431 is near Nettleton green, you don't connect there for 800hz 4G, I'm not lying.

3431 is the mast the only one I can see from Gl91jg? It certainly the only one that improves my signal when I walk towards it on my dog walks and can get 5g from in this area?  Another reply from messenger who's right?

1000002349.jpg

Vodafail has just messaged again saying everything is working fine and no maintenance is going on how incompetent can you get. I'm sure they make it up has they go along you get different answers every time 🤔 delay tactics once again 

it's not uncommon for different technologies, and even different frequencies of the same tech, to come from different serving sites. VF operate 4G & 5G across multiple frequency bands and not every site is equipped with every tech.

Yes understand that but what vodafone won't admit 4g was fine before 5g was turned on  in this area and now is even worse now 3g has gone. Vodafone keep on saying/advertising they are improving the network  And Even the network checker is saying improved coverage for 4/5g in this area but that is not the reality of the matter. Even this 5g ultra is just another marketing ploy having read up on it and it saying improved coverage I was hoping it would mean just that but no on the network checker it's identical coverage as normal 5g. I've been a customer of vodafone for nearly 20yrs and didn't have no complaints. It just so frustrating when vodafone keep telling you everything is fine and it's getting better when it's definitely gone backwards.