Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Receiving calls from abroad

westview80
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a relative in Norway who has been unable to text or call me on either of my phones (an ancient Nokia 6310i and a Samsung Galaxy A33) since I moved my contract away from Vodafone about a year ago. My provider wasn't able to fix the issue so I've just switched back to Vodafone, and found that the problem is still there. She gets the message "This number is not in use" every time. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it possible that the problem might be at her end, and my change in providers was just a coincidence? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

To eliminate a problem with the UK network, try calling your relative @westview80 .  As the Nokia only works using a GSM signal make sure you are using the Samsung A33.

This does sounds more like  problem with your relatives account and your relative certainly needs to raise this with the Norwegian network to make sure there is no added international calling bar on the account that needs to be removed.  It would also be an idea for you to log onto your account and make sure there are no restrictions for receiving international calls.  

If you and your relative have WhatsApp or other similar application that works over the internet ask your relative to try calling through the Application.

If you would like your account checked to make sure receiving international calls is enabled on your account send the Social Team a message through social channels by following the information here: Contact Us 

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer advice. I'm fairly sure now that the problem is at the Norwegian end so I'll contact my relative (I can still ring her) and ask her to make some enquiries.

Thanks again and best regards.