Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reception in Italy

Wendyhearn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have been using my Iphone XR in Spain with no issues at all, I flew to Italy yesterday and now cannot get any 4g/3g reception, phone just says 'E' all the time so having to use on wifi,  Have data roaming on, anyone know what might be this issue please.

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Wendyhearn 👋 

It sounds like the area in Italy either doesn't have a strong local signal or there could possibly be some network issues. 

As you could use your phone as normal in Spain, it would usually indicate that your phone and SIM are working okay. 

You can also try preforming a 'manual roam' on your phone, which simply means manually picking another network to see if any of them have a better signal - you can check how to do this online here. 

Hi, I've tried everything you suggested and also removed the sim card and that will not correct it either.  It's not the signal as everyone here on vodaphone is not having this issue.  If you have any other suggestions will gladly try them :Smiling:

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me and letting us know @Wendyhearn 

I think the next step would be to take a more in-depth look at your number - we can't check the local network but we can take a look at your account, to make sure nothing's changed and is causing this.

Please come and speak to my team on social media and if you include a link to your post along with your community username, you won't need to repeat yourself either 👍