Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra - 4G and WiFi Calling Incompatible

shuntfield
4: Newbie

Hello Everyone.

I have just swapped my phone from the Galaxy S20 Ultra, to the Galaxy S22 Ultra. I did this last Monday.

I just noticed that the S22 I have doesn't allow me to use WiFi or 4G calling. The menu setting isn't even there.

Indeed when I went onto the Vodafone Tool that checks compatibility it says this:

vf_no4g.png

4G and WiFi Calling are enabled on my account,

shuntfield_0-1645972862327.png

So I am just guessing is a new phone "provisioning" thing.

Otherwise, any ideas how to get it resolved?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shuntfield_0-1646155503464.png

Bingo, we have contact! 

The Twitter team said that the "Tech Team" have sent my phone some "Text Messages" and to restart it , so I did and 💥WiFi Calling is on.

So, for the Avoidance of Doubt:
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 - can do WiFi Calling regardless of Software, Source of Origin, or variant.
- The Phone isn't Incompatible.

- You Don't need to Reset the Phone to Factory.

- You Don't need to stand with one leg on a layline, with a divining rod, facing north.

- It just needs Vodafone to their job.

My guess is that the Database at Vodafone that carries IMEI numbers/Devices that are compatible with Generic Access Network, Wi-Fi Calling, VoWiFi or IP Multimedia Subsystem/Session Initiation Protocol (IMS/SIP) applications over IP networks just needs updating to indicate that the S22 Series is compatible with the service.

I have just put my phone on flight mode, and made a call and its working fine.

Thanks to the twitter team, though it shouldn't have to have come to that.

View solution in original position

62 REPLIES 62

chistery
16: Advanced member

4G works on mine - have you tried making a call and seeing if it stays on 4G?

Can't get wifi calling to work though. Why is it always Vodafone that has an issue with this? I know the usual people will post saying it's not supported and not on the list, but it's a standard config so why does it never work straight out of the box like it does on EE?

Yes, I've sent a text to 97888, yes I've disabled/re-enabled wifi calling in MyVodafone, and yes I've asked for the OTA provisioning update which hasn't worked, but you have no idea if they have actually done it right as you can't tell if it's received unless it actually works.

Yeah it looks like 4G calling is fine it doesn't bounce back to 3G put it that way.

The WiFi calling icon and menu are not there, I have sent the provisioning text so we will see what happens.

chistery

You can test wifi calling my putting the phone into flight mode and turning on wifi, but the menu option isn't there with my Vodafone SIM, and it doesn't work for me if I try and make a call.

Yup, good test.

Tried it:

"Call failed due to flight mode turned on, turn off flight mode and make call?"

Comes up.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @shuntfield & @chistery, we're not aware of any issues connecting the Galaxy 22 Ultra with our WiFi Calling service. If you're still unable to connect to this, pop our social media team a message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be more than happy to look into this for you and see if we can get you connected.

@Mark I am speaking with the Twitter team, at the moment they've told me all manner of things which won't work just needs switching on at the Vodafone side, something sadly which isn't in my control.

The last message told me that the S22 Ultra 5G the flagship Samsung phone isn't compatible with WiFi Calling... 

🙄🙄🙄🙄😳

chistery

The default answer for wifi calling is always "it's unsupported" because they can fob you off by pointing you to an out of date web site. 

You're 💯 correct there.

It gets my back up when it's "Computer says no".

But it's funny because Vodafone are no different from O2, EE or any other network I have been with, communications companies are terrible at communication, and when people are paid minimum wage you get minimum effort.

If I was actually stupid, and didn't know anything about telecoms infrastructure, IT and Electrical & Electronic Engineering then I'd probably be happy without it, but when my intelligence gets insulted it gets my back up, quite a lot! 😂

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, it's never nice to feel insulted is it @shuntfield. So we're on the same page here, did you buy your phone directly from Vodafone and does this have the latest version of Android installed. I know the device has only been available for a few days, but we need to go through a few basic troubleshooting steps before we take a closer look into this for you.