Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling Samsung A40

Dave51
4: Newbie

Looking for advise about Wifi calling, I am on PAYG with a Samsung A40. My account shows Wifi calling active and I have switch on wifi calling on in the settings of the phone, but it will not work unable to make or receive calls. No network service in my area. For work I have the same phone but on EE and wifi calling works perfect. any ideas

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dave51 

Did Vodafone supply the phone directly to you ?

Vodafone do state that phones nkt supplied by them with the iPhone being the only exception may not work with Wi-Fi calling.

If it was supplied by Vodafone then ask an agent via 191 to resend the settings via an OTA _ over the air configuration.

Wi-Fi calling will only activate when there is zero network connection.

Try putting the phone into flight mode.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

The phone is on the list of supported devices @Dave51 and there is no reason for you being unable to use the feature.  If you have followed the information here : Device Guides and are still having problems, check the list of WiFi networks on the phone and make sure the phone is connecting to your WiFi. 

I am wondering if you have recently updated the phone software.  You can also try removing WiFi calling from your account and re adding the feature by following this link : Set Up WiFi calling  this may make it start working.

Thankyou @AnnS I have checked my phone has latest software and I looked at my Vodafone account and it shows that Wifi calling is active. I cannot see any options on the page to deactivate/reactivate the facility. I did try chat last night, but they were totally useless. The Wifi calling option is also turned on on my handset. It is also definately connected to my wifi and I can use Google, email etc.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Dave51, I'm sorry to hear our Chat team were unable to get your WiFi Calling set up for you. Pop us a message via one of our social channels and we'll be more than happy to check everything at our end and help get it up and running.

Hi @Mark Thanks for you offer of help, but when I click on the link in your post I get an invalid parameters specified message.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for that @Dave51, please pop us a message here.

Thankyou @Mark I have entered details on messenger as requested but had a reply asking what the problem is even though I put link to post and forjm name. The instructions said they would be able to see issue so i dont have to keep repeating. Why is it so hard to get vodafone to successfully help its customers.

A couple of questions about wifi calling. If it has been activated on the account, should there be an option to remove it as I cannot find that option. Also does the SIM card make any difference. I can turn option on/off on the phone but nothing in my Vodafone or app, only says it is active. Thanks all.

It's disappointing to see your concerns and feedback @Dave51. We completely understand the importance of receiving the required help and support when needed. I have checked with our Social Media team and I can confirm that your conversation has been acknowledged since using the social media route. 

It's important to note that there isn't an option for you to disable or remove WiFi Calling from your My Vodafone account. Generally speaking, the SIM shouldn't make a different to the function of WiFi Calling. Although already touched on in this thread, as long as the feature is enabled both on your phone and My Vodafone account, you have a strong and reliable WiFi connection, a compatible device with the most up-to-date software, then there shouldn't be any reason why you're experiencing an issue in an area where signal isn't strong enough to establish a call. 

Although our Social Media team may touch on this with you, it may also be worth removing and reinserting your SIM, popping your phone into Airplane Mode and resetting your phones network settings.