Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra - 4G and WiFi Calling Incompatible

shuntfield
4: Newbie

Hello Everyone.

I have just swapped my phone from the Galaxy S20 Ultra, to the Galaxy S22 Ultra. I did this last Monday.

I just noticed that the S22 I have doesn't allow me to use WiFi or 4G calling. The menu setting isn't even there.

Indeed when I went onto the Vodafone Tool that checks compatibility it says this:

vf_no4g.png

4G and WiFi Calling are enabled on my account,

shuntfield_0-1645972862327.png

So I am just guessing is a new phone "provisioning" thing.

Otherwise, any ideas how to get it resolved?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shuntfield_0-1646155503464.png

Bingo, we have contact! 

The Twitter team said that the "Tech Team" have sent my phone some "Text Messages" and to restart it , so I did and 💥WiFi Calling is on.

So, for the Avoidance of Doubt:
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 - can do WiFi Calling regardless of Software, Source of Origin, or variant.
- The Phone isn't Incompatible.

- You Don't need to Reset the Phone to Factory.

- You Don't need to stand with one leg on a layline, with a divining rod, facing north.

- It just needs Vodafone to their job.

My guess is that the Database at Vodafone that carries IMEI numbers/Devices that are compatible with Generic Access Network, Wi-Fi Calling, VoWiFi or IP Multimedia Subsystem/Session Initiation Protocol (IMS/SIP) applications over IP networks just needs updating to indicate that the S22 Series is compatible with the service.

I have just put my phone on flight mode, and made a call and its working fine.

Thanks to the twitter team, though it shouldn't have to have come to that.

View solution in original position

62 REPLIES 62

@Mark wrote:

No, it's never nice to feel insulted is it @shuntfield. So we're on the same page here, did you buy your phone directly from Vodafone and does this have the latest version of Android installed. I know the device has only been available for a few days, but we need to go through a few basic troubleshooting steps before we take a closer look into this for you.

Hi Mark 

The phone is a the 1Tb version that is only available Direct from Samsung UK. (In the UK) it has the latest released software from Samsung which was updated on Friday, though I had the phone since the 21st as it was a pre-release early delivery.

Screenshot_20220301-160253_Software update.jpg

I have just checked now and it's still the current version.

Thanks 👍

I have been having the exact same issue, had the S22 Ultra since the 21st of Feb and have been on the Chat with Vodafone Tech support about 6 times, get the same things round and round. Phone not on the supported list have you tried resetting it ect ect.

So far I have tried everything they could come up with to suggest. They have refreshed my network services twice disconnected and reconnected my account, tried to send me network configuration messages which none ever arrived, their latest attempts is they have sent me a new SIM card which has just been swapped over and again still on VoLTE option in the connection settings and at the moment no WiFi Calling option in the phone app either hope that will come back.

The thing is this is an entirely Vodafone network and SIM card issue as I can put in a SIM card from almost any other network (I have tried both EE and 3 at this point) and BAM VoLTE option right there and can be enabled and disabled at will and the WiFI calling option right there in the Phone app and can select Network or WiFi preferred just seems to be Vodafone that struggle with this.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the phone wasn't purchased directly through ourselves @shuntfield, we're unable to guarantee you being able to use our WiFi calling service. I'm sorry this hasn't been advised to you previously.

Was your phone also purchased from a 3rd party @GMottram? If so, this will also explain why you're struggling to gain access to this service too.

Yes it was purchased 3rd party however WiFI calling WAS working until I just swapped my SIM on the recommendation of your Tech team, what has not been working is the VoLTE menu option under connection settings. This option appears for any other SIM card apart from Vodafone SIM's, I don't know why it is so difficult to get this working when other networks seem to have it configured to work.

chistery
16: Advanced member

Whilst I don't have the VoLTE menu option with Vodafone, I can make calls and the phone stays on 4G, so it is enabled and working.

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-01 at 5.17.13 PM.jpeg

It is supposed to be there though as in the Vodafone instructions on how to turn on 4G calling for the models before the S22 like the S21, S20 and Note 20 ect they show this option in the settings.

I'm still waiting on the WiFi calling to start working again after changing SIM cards, I'll give it until tomorrow and will then need to make contact with the Tech team again.

shuntfield_0-1646155503464.png

Bingo, we have contact! 

The Twitter team said that the "Tech Team" have sent my phone some "Text Messages" and to restart it , so I did and 💥WiFi Calling is on.

So, for the Avoidance of Doubt:
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 - can do WiFi Calling regardless of Software, Source of Origin, or variant.
- The Phone isn't Incompatible.

- You Don't need to Reset the Phone to Factory.

- You Don't need to stand with one leg on a layline, with a divining rod, facing north.

- It just needs Vodafone to their job.

My guess is that the Database at Vodafone that carries IMEI numbers/Devices that are compatible with Generic Access Network, Wi-Fi Calling, VoWiFi or IP Multimedia Subsystem/Session Initiation Protocol (IMS/SIP) applications over IP networks just needs updating to indicate that the S22 Series is compatible with the service.

I have just put my phone on flight mode, and made a call and its working fine.

Thanks to the twitter team, though it shouldn't have to have come to that.

chistery

Nice work! I guess I need to try that now as everything else has failed!

You're lucky the twitter team will talk to you.

I have the same issue

The twitter team won't even talk to me because its a business account and I am not the administrator.

Wifi calling is definitely authorised on this number it just needs the messages sent to the phone to enable it.

Why do they not do that by default like every other provider seems to?

I got the standard answers from the twitter team - it's not supported, check you have the latest update, text calling, etc. No help at all. If it was that simple I wouldn't have asked them.