Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Signal issues and data issues

DAWIDDIMOW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

EN4 New Barnet

1) The issue happens only in EN4 area where I work. Both indoors and outdoors.

2) The full postcode is EN4 8RF

3) The issue happens only with Vodafone simcard and only in this location. I have second sim card in the phone from Virgin that works perfect.

4) I cannot make calls out or in, data fluctuates from 4G!  (exclamation mark) to H+ but no real data is delivered. Sometimes calls dont come in. Text messages either. Cannot log in or use MyVodafone app either. Have to survive on third party wifi and third party sim from different provider.

5) Happens on all bands and ONLY IN THIS POSTCODE and the area of NEW BARNET

6) Approx 20 days ago.

7) The issue is permanent however I was not at the address for a week. When I came back this monday 30/08 the signal situation was the same as when I left it at 22nd of August.

Back in second half of August there were issues reported and apparently sorted with the local Vodafone mast. I confirmed and reported with online chat assistant that the issue was reported as resolved by the technical crews but on test for couple of days. But clearly the issue is still present!

I do not feel it is fair for me to pay for a service that I am not getting! I can miss important calls because of Vodafone.  Also please do not try to tell me to format my settings again and confirm the simcard number at the back of the simcard. Ive done all of that approx 2 weeks ago with online chat assistant - all for nothing as the problem was not in me or my phone.  Works well in other areas and postcodes. Clearly the problem is with Vodafone and please do not try to tell me otherwise.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @DAWIDDIMOW 

Looking at your postcode in the Vodafone status-checker your masts look to be working as they should.

I'm wondering if your masts are settling in still after the work carried was out on them although that should really only be for a short while , or the masts are struggling with demand, and are experiencing mast congestion.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's will look at your answers and am sure will reply in due course.

I note you state your able to use Vodafone Services elsewhere so that confirms your phone,  sim card and account are working within their normal parameters.

I appreciate it's not ideal that all is working elsewhere but not in that particular location but that being the case Vodafone are fulfilling their obligation to provide a service to which your paying a monthly amount for . They cannot guarantee service everywhere which is the same with all networks. 

May I ask have you considered Vodafone Calling and Texts Over Wi-Fi   ?

If you have an eligible phone. If you haven't then please do take a look at the above link to see if you can make use of the feature.

I wish you all the best with this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the suggestion but my device is OnePlus which apparently hasn't got the Volte and VoWifi features enabled. 

I kindly disagree about Vodafone's fulfilment of contract and providing me with service. 

My point with feeling like not paying my bill is that I used to enjoy having a signal and being able to receive and make calls in that location and now I don't have it and it is frustrating. Bare in mind that it is not me who went to new and remote location and expect unreasonable things. I haven't moved. The service I'm paying for has been taken away from me (effectively...m the way I see it). 

Yes I have the signal elsewhere but I cannot change my job location or home address so that I get to enjoy working Vodafone mast near me and then change it again if the other mast becomes overwhelmed or something.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome for my reply @DAWIDDIMOW 

I totally understand and appreciate your viewpoint 

Please do check your Terms and Conditions of your contract in respect to service and signal.

I'm sure the Vodafone Social Media Team's will react to your initial post on due course.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Steph

Good morning @DAWIDDIMOW I hope you're doing well 😊 I'm sorry that you're still experiencing network issues, I appreciate that this has been going on for quite some time now. 

I've checked your postcode and one of your local masts is completely offline and is having some extensive repair work carried out on it. Our engineers are working as hard as they can to get this job finished as soon as possible so we can get everyone back up and running. 

Unfortunately, as we do have a mast down in your area this does have a knock on effect in that the other local masts have to take on extra traffic which causes some congestion. Once the repair work is completed, normal network services should resume quickly. 

I am sorry for all of the frustration and inconvenience caused by this. As soon as you are fully back up and running, please get in touch with the Social Media team here and we can make adjustments to your bill for any time you have had a disrupted service.

Understood. Thank you for getting back to me so fast. I appreciate it. What you say sounds fair and explains the situation.

Would be nice to have heads-up or my network issues alert to have worked or for the network status checker to reflect the situation. Currently the network status checker claims everything is perfect and many of your customers (who live or work in that busy area) might end up thinking the problem is in them. 

Thank you once again

You're very welcome @DAWIDDIMOW I'm glad I could shine a little light on what's going on 😊 

I believe the reason you didn't get an alert is because the mast that is down and causing the network issues is located in a different postcode. It's still a local mast to your work despite the area difference and with it being out of order right now, all of its usual traffic will be being routed to the masts closest to your works postcode.

If you pop the postcode into the Network Status Checker here and then zoom out, you'll see the alert symbol. The affected mast is in N12 9RW. I appreciate that this area is a fair distance from your work and at first glance may not seem like it could cause problems in your postcode, however it's the increased congestion on the mast you are actually connected to as a result of the downed equipment that is disrupting your service. I hope that makes sense 🙂 

If you sign up for alerts on the affected postcode, you'll be notified as soon as the work is complete. If your services don't return to normal once the repair is done or you notice a further drop in your connection before the mast is back up and running, please get in touch with us so we can run some checks to make sure there are no undiagnosed issues with the masts you are actually connected to.