Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Site was hacked last year, need help unblocking my site on VodaFone

MarkChaz
4: Newbie

Hi, I am a small business and I need a hand getting my website unblocked on VodaFone. 

I was victim of a nasty hack last year and have since changed everything web hosting related, rampped up security and redesigned the website. 

I really need a hand getting unblocked on vodafone as I have discovered and confirmed my website is blocked on your network.

I have confirmed with my hosting support that my DNS settings and SSL are correctly configured and I have confirmed this is only and issue with specific ISPs

Blocked.jpgscreen blocked.jpg

25 REPLIES 25

@MarkChaz  Thanks for letting me know, if you follow this link https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/72d705c336f8d89e9cc9783778a2e18b954fa52dab76a9ca7a6ad15398c47e84

I have pre entered your web address and this is still showing that there is some malicious and suspicious threats showing on the site.   

Hi Mike, if you check our previous comments, that is a false positive, note the first screen shot shows bit defender flagging the site and the second it does not... 97% of the other security websites on the list show 0 malware, it is just a single security site that does not have a review program... this is the problem I am facing, I am being blacklisted for a legacy hack that is no longer an issue.

Thanks for sharing this with us. In order to escalate this to our Networking Teams we require the URL to come back fully clean when scanning via VirusTotal. Please review these flags and reach out to these security vendors to remove them. After these security vendors have marked the website as clean, try again accessing the URL on the Vodafone UK network and if issues persist, we can look into raising this further. 

MarkChaz_0-1719998946254.png

Hi @Mike, I finally got all the ant-virus guys to clear my name and reclaim my honour. Please can you submit my site to be removed from VodaFone's blacklist. You guys are the last hurdle in getting back on my feet.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MarkChaz - thanks for coming back to us here. The site is still showing as 'Malicious' and 'Suspicious' by a couple of security vendors. Please come back to us here when they're clear. 

Hi @Gemma, please can you verify which, as you can see we got the all clear from the website you linked us too, I just need to know which companies to approach to delist my website, they have all delisted once we've sent them a mail to check.

If you pop your website into Virus Total, you will see any and all flags for your site @MarkChaz 

If you scroll down @MarkChaz there is still a suspicious flag on the site. We need all of those to be cleared before we can get the site reclassified. 

Hi Effie, that is a warning not a threat, also Forcepoint ThreatSeeker has no channel of communication that allows the reporting of false positives... please can you try see it from our perspective, we've cleared our website with all the major vendors with forcepoints 1 year old review remaining... the block is really hurting our small business, can you please, Virgin Media have also reviewed the website and unblocked us.