Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow download speeds again...

Gnomesenpai
4: Newbie

Hello Vodafone forums,

Once again I am experiancing poor performance in our local area, this is shown both on our 4G home internet and my personal phone. The mast that is servicing our area seems to be at fault. Every time we get pushed onto the LTE 800DD cell our speeds go from 40mbp/s to 3mbp/s. And as of recently our devices will ONLY connect to that mast so we are once again stuck with slow download speeds. What can we do about this?

We get over 30mbp/s when on cell 130945807
Recently we are being pushed onto cell 133661962

Gnomesenpai_0-1678826516806.png

Normall we can get on the mast to the left of the image (511507), but recently its putting us on the one bottom of the image (522117). Is their a way of getting our 4G data sim blocked off a specific cell tower??

5 REPLIES 5

Effie

Hey @Gnomesenpai I hope you're doing well! Are you able to add your postcode to your personal info section so that I can run some checks on the area and the mast you are connected to? If you would rather not add it, could you please pop a message to the Social Media Team so that this can be investigated for you. 

It has been added. My 4G is now unusable once again.

Sky high latency and next to no speed...

14483342531.png

Gnomesenpai_0-1678911150699.png

https://www.speedtest.net/result/14483342531

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gnomesenpai - thanks for coming back to us and the tests you've done. I can see the speed test you've done, is below the expected 'Data Speed' for your area. I understand you've also mentioned high latency. I'd like my team to take some further details from you. Please get in touch with us through Social Media and include a link to this thread. 

Im sorry @Gemma , but thats not what i was told on the phone even at the speed for the area of 3mbps, how is 1.54mbps considered acceptable? I did not realise Vodafone were using a T1 connection as the uplink from the mast!

im sorry but i am not accepting that as a solution to this problem, if you read my initial post you will see their is a 10x speed difference between two masts that are both overlapping my location, so why is this speed considered acceptable when i know i can sometimes hit a mast that gives me over 10x the speed.

so can we actually go about solving this issue? This is clearly below the speed we should be seeing and given i have two separate vodafone sims experiencing the same issue it is NOT device related.

To be frank, why am I constantly having to sit and report issues to Vodafone? I spent over an hour the last time i tried to get some support out of Vodafone via Live chat, the last time i used the social media chats they did not seem interested in actually helping me. I am spending a lot of time with Vodafone support and i never get anywhere.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think there's been a misunderstanding here @Gnomesenpai. I can see @Gemma's advised the the speed your receiving is below what we'd expect in your area and has offered to look into this for you. As we'll need to take some personal information from you as part of our investigation, we're unable to complete this via a public forum such as our Community. If you pop us a message by following the link provided, one of my team will pick this up for you.