Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very poor phone signal

Rdepala
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have very poor phone signal (1 bar) and when i make a call the line is intermittent. This has been going on for about couple of months. I raised this last week through online support and they said a new sim card would sort the issue. It hasnt. The signal is still very bad. I have tried putting the sim in another phone and it makes no difference. 

My phone is less than a year old so I dont think its an issue with it - I used to have close to full signal so i'm not sure what has changed.   My area shows as having good connection so not sure what the problem is. 

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Rdepala 

For the Vodafone Social Media Team's to look at this please can you use this template and post it back here with your answers.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Post Title: '

First half of post code - . NW9  

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes. In my flat. Not sure how far I have to travel to get full service. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? NW9 5AA

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes - tried it on a different phone and still same issue.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? When making or receiving a call the signal is intermittent and i can't hear the other person. Most of the time i only have 1 bar.   

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? My network mode is set to LTE/3G/2G Auto connect and I only get one 1. When i change it to 3G/2G then i get 2 bars sometimes 3 but not consistently. 

6) When did you first notice this issue? About 6/7 weeks ago. I have been living in my flat for 3.5 years and in that time I have always been with Vodaphone and never had any issues with phone signal. All of a sudden this has become a big problem. 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sending this over @Rdepala! As this occurs over different devices, this could potentially point to a sim issue. I'd recommend reaching out to our Social Media team here, and we can look to get a new sim sent out to you.

I've already been sent a new sim card and it has made no difference 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, what type of phone are you currently using?

Samsung S20FE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for confirming! I've checked the coverage in your area and there is a network issue that may be affecting your service. The good news is that we're aware of the fault and out engineers are working hard to get this resolved. If you'd like to check for yourself, feel free to take a loot at our handy Network Checker here.