Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Internet Speed

nelsibrun
2: Seeker

Does anyone else have experience with Vodafone 4g speeds? When I'm downloading, specifically on steam, my internet speed gets throttled to about [Removed] 100 or 200 KB/s, but it seems to happen on random days? For example it doesn't seem to have any connection to how much data I've used this month. Does anyone know how to stop them doing this/ way of getting around it?

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

zabuza88

Does anyone else have experience with Vodafone 4g speeds? When I'm downloading, specifically on steam, my internet speed gets throttled to about 100 or 200 KB/s, but it seems to happen on random days? For example it doesn't seem to have any connection to how much data I've used this month. Does anyone know how to stop them doing this/ way of getting around it?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @nelsibrun @zabuza88 👋 

We don't throttle mobile data speeds, unless you've taken out an Unlimited Lite plan (capped at speeds of 2mbps) or an Unlimited plan (capped at 10mbps). These plans are always subject to these caps and the speeds wouldn't be up and down. 

It may be that the mobile signal in your area dips in and out - also if more people are using the local mast at the same time, this can cause congestion and slower speeds. You find out more information about your coverage on our Network Status Checker.