main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

When will Vodafone support SMS over Wifi Calling?

Highlighted
4: Newbie

When will Vodafone come out of the dark ages and finally implement SMS over wifi calling?

Given Wifi Calling spec (voWIFI/GAN/UMA) incorporates SMS (and MMS) support, why is Vodafone's implementation limited to voice calls only - did they buy cheap kit off the back of a lorry perhaps?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi @m1kegibson, if we make any changes to include SMS or MMS we'll update our website here🙂

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Sorry, that doesn't answer the question "When?"

Since this has been promised since 2018, and since Vodafone can't replace my broken Sure Signal, and with the growing number of associated complaints since Apri, surely Vodafone has been by now motivated to fund and execute a development project for this, assuming Vodafone cares to provide SMS in my flat.  Please, Vodafone, share with us the current scheduled completion date of such a project, or if there is no such project please be honest with long-suffering customers and say so, so we can look elsewhere to solving our indoor SMS signal problems.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Not an answer is it! One would assume that the true answer is that Vodafone has no plans in place to implement SMS over Wi-Fi calling. 5G is Vodafone’s and the industry’s pet project and those of us on the margins of coverage with any supplier don’t matter.

View more options
Highlighted

I'm afraid, at the moment @rireed3 @m1kegibson, we don't have an estimated date for when we will support SMS over WiFi calling. I appreciate this won't be ideal, but any updates will be put on our website and social channels.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Dear Evie,

I presume your answer means there is currently no project approved and no funding committed for the feature "SMS over WiFi Calling".

Regards,

Richard Reed

View more options