Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android Wear

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Anyone here have any Android Wear devices?

I've just acquired an LG Urbane smartwatch, loving it so far, wondered if anyone else had tried anything similar?

49 REPLIES 49

Nabs

@drey_p This video would suggest you can forward calls from your phone to the device or you can make call straight from the device. It supports the main 2G and 3G frequencies as well. A certain bubbly network is stocking it, they may know more details on the costs involved. And yes it takes a nanoSIM

@63johnw That's a nice face you're using,I guess it's not one of the defaults?

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@Nabs wrote:

This video would suggest you can forward calls from your phone to the device or you can make call straight from the device. 

Oh okay, it sounds like you have different number for your Gear then.  I was more meaning that it would be nice to have either device, but have the same number on both so you can literally just pick one of them up and go with no need to forward calls.

PWIAC

GojuSuzi
I got the Moto360, just because it came free with my Nexus6. I'd thought wearables were a bit gimmicky, and had intended to just sell it on, but since it was approaching Christmas I was busy, and then my watch broke so I decided to use it as a watch...and now I hate being without it!

It's fairly basic, to be honest, not one of the more all-singing all-dancing models, but it's perfect for me. I've been on a pretty intense fitness kick recently, so having something I'm wearing anyway so can't forget to take it clock my steps and heart rate and such when my epic phablet can't come along (such as during a good gym session) is ideal. I do use it like a remote in the car, as my banger only has a tape deck, so I've got Spotify playing via my phone connected to a cassette adapter, and if I'm chilling at lights, much easier to tap my wrist (don't even need to look because it's all condensed) than fumble about unlocking a phone, or when my mother calls I can tap once to have the call answered and on speaker so I can tell that I'm driving rather than ignore her and have her call forty billion times in a panic because not answering the phone obviously means I'm dead. :Smiling:

63johnw
@drey_p Samsung have got one of them but it doesn't seem to have taken off.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

63johnw
Runtastic pro is the one I use @Nabs, got it free when Amazon were giving apps away.

GojuSuzi
It's got Moto Body built in, pretty much the same as Google's version, but doesn't need to have the Bluetooth connection active apart from every so often so it can send updates to your profile for weekly performance log e-mail. I've been pretty lazy with it, so mostly just went with what was already in there. Spotify likewise just works, apart from Connect, haven't installed anything, and as long as it's linked via Bluetooth, running Spotify on the phone makes the current song & toggle/volume controls pop up on the watch face.

63johnw
@Nabs have you found smart lock feature?

Nabs

@GojuSuzi just got it working, that's ace!

@63johnw yeah I set it up, such a time saver it's great! Though occasionally keep going to put my pattern in even though I don't need to. Haha 

thesoupdragon
So that's the hypothetical situations all cleared up... 😉

I'm interested in what these watches can and can't do?
I really like the look of the Urbane, very jealous of you @Nabs

Am I right in thinking you don't need to stick to the same manufacture as your phone? Or are there some features that only work with same manufacture devices?

I would like to see some pictures of both your watches in use @Nabs and @63johnw if you don't mind sharing?

I've been using Google Now a lot in the car (voice activated via "OK Google") to bring up navigation help, is that possible with Android Wear?

TSD 🙂

Nabs

@thesoupdragon I've been using mine with the HTC M9, It's all managed through the Android Wear App

The Urbane can sync through the internet (WiFi) as well though haven't tried that out yet. I have bluetooth switched on  all the time for my fitbit and when i'm in the car, can't say i've noticed it drain any quicker than before.

Sorry really not a very good picture but here's the best I can manage just now. and yes I stil have the protective plastic on it.

IMAG0076.jpg

I've been using "OK Google" on the watch though it does require an internet connection so I can only really use it at home. Seems to work well, almost exactly the same as the phone from what i've tried.

@jeffkinn would actually be quite interesting to compare