i have some screenshots from my phone which will fully explain the problem

(removed due to House Rules)

is a small album on imgur the image hosting site

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@jupiter -  please do not post that link again, it has already been removed once as it is against the House Rules.

The number the texts came from, 07860021774, does seem to be a scam number.  It isn't one of the numbers that Vodafone uses.  In fact it seems to have been involved in a whole lot of messages including gym membership, texts from GiffGaff, test drives of the Jeep Cherokee, laser eye surgery.  The best thing is not to reply and to report them to the ICO.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p

Hi there

Please could you provide us with an overview of the situation.  Thanks

PWIAC

drey_p

@jupiter -  please do not post that link again, it has already been removed once as it is against the House Rules.

The number the texts came from, 07860021774, does seem to be a scam number.  It isn't one of the numbers that Vodafone uses.  In fact it seems to have been involved in a whole lot of messages including gym membership, texts from GiffGaff, test drives of the Jeep Cherokee, laser eye surgery.  The best thing is not to reply and to report them to the ICO.

PWIAC

Dear Vodafone member

There are several blocking devices you can purchase for use on a landline from a company calked Callblocker, this you install in the landline, think Amazon sell, but Callblocker can sell direct.

Hope this helps

Kingfisher

Hartluck
12: Established
12: Established

Have you tried blocking the number?

Various methods available for android either via setting or special apps.

~~Clear eyes - Full Hart - Can't lose~~
“As wars come and go, my soldier stays eternal”

My comments represent my opinion which is not affiliated or sponsored in any way.