Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

John Lewis to start selling Vodafone contracts

Nabs
17: Community Champion

John Lewis have announced their intentions to start selling simplified mobile contracts from Vodafone. They are entering themselves as a high street competitor to Carphone Warehouse and a replacement for Phone4U

http://www.androidauthority.com/john-lewis-stores-to-sell-mobile-phones-618980/

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
I hope they get things right when selling a contract.

Should be interesting.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thesoupdragon

The two year warranty and free insurance is very attractive.

I hope it does roll out country wide.

:smileyhappy:

Nabs

I particularly like the suggestion that they will only sell 2 contracts, low data and high data. Will be interesting where they pitch those. I'd take a punt they'd probably be looking at 1GB and 10GB

@thesoupdragon the warranty and insurance will win over a lot of people. When I used to work for a well know (now deceased) electrical retailer we were constantly losing big sales because they offered a good warranty and people were happy to pay a little extra from that piece of mind. With mobile phones so prone to breaking these days it's going to  be a no brainer for a lot of people.

thesoupdragon
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by the simplicity of the plans. I hope Vodafone take note and learn from that! 😉

I would imagine the "free insurance" would have the same caveat as Virgin Media does by loading the excess charge. I won't discuss the details here but it is easily found on their website.
That being said; the excess is still cheaper than the cost of a new high end phone but it is a bulk payment rather than spread out with a monthly plan.

A real win - win for potential iPhone buyers though!

🙂

hrym

I've used John Lewis's 2 year warranty on a couple of occasions (a VHS recorder and a dishwasher) and the service was excellent on both occasions.  No quibble and no excess.   Slightly different as neither of those were portable devices (especially not the dishwasher :smileyhappy:)