main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Scam call

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi all

If this number calls you +447787767943, be as insulting and rude as you would like.  This caller has just wanted to let me know about the discrepancy on the amount of tax I have paid and has offered to sort it all out for me.  Just need to give my personal scammer my bank account details to repay the overpayment to HMRC.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
63johnw

Doing the rounds up our area too @AnnS  !

View more options
AnnS

I know just when it is a spam call or text @63johnw  these spammers are only one thing access to bank account details.

View more options
63johnw

It’s the elderly that can be caught out, my elderly mother was worried by a call like this last week, fortunately as we keep drumming into her don’t respond in any way and hang up. Ring one of her sons and they will check anything for her. 

View more options
AnnS

Absolutely @63johnw .  The main thing is not to answer any unknown numbers, HMRC, banks etc wouldn't call from a mobile number and don't work that way.  I don't usually answer unknown numbers but I was expecting a call from a number not in my contacts.

View more options