Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stolen phone number

max1988
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My phone number has been stolen from my three mobile account and ported to a Vodafone SIM. I'm at my wit's end Three mobile have been useless, they're saying it's fault is at Vodafone's end running a skeleton crew due to covid. I've had to block my bank account due to them trying to access it with my number. Now they're trying PayPal. The phone number is still active when I call it, why has it not been deactivated. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

What a truly awful situation your finding yourself in @max1988 

I've a couple of colleagues at work where their number was taken in order to try and get hold of their bank account funds so you've done the right thing in regards to contacting your bank.

Anything that your phone number is attached to needs changing including PayPal  amazon and eBay etc.

I'm not sure what the 3 Network are going on about that it's Vodafone fault due to the reasons they've said ! This type of situation has happened before the Pandemic too. It's down to unscrupulous persons doing what they do.

Do please speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries for support.

They can't help from here as no account access is available.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Also as your a 3 Customer no matter what there saying they also have a Duty of Care to get this resolved.

I appreciate it's not going to be easy as the number has been ported from their network  but one would assume they need to liase with Vodafone also to get a resolution.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @max1988 

This is a shocking situation and 3 should be doing more to support and help, instead of trying to pass the blame the first thing 3 should have done would have been to raise a fraud case with Vodafone and get the number reinstated.  This would never have happened with Vodafone, they are very security conscious and have a help link here: Protecting your Identity 

Most probably someone obitained the PAC by text and would have needed your PIN identification number, someone somewhere has enough information on you to know this PIN or your date of birth etc to pass data protection and you need to think where you keep your personal information for these scammers to access.

I doubt there would be much Vodafone would be able to help, the account may well be in a different name and there would be all the data protection reasons to consider.

If 3 won't help you need to be talking to the Communications Ombudsman and let them deal with 3.

Help my phone number with three mobile has been stolen/cloned. The number has been ported over to Vodafone. The issue has been reported to three mobile who have been absolutely useless, it's been 3 days now and I've had to block all my cards. Now my PayPal is being hacked with the stolen phone number used for access. I'm at my wit's end Three mobile are stating the issue is on Vodafone's end. Due to their being a skeleton crew dye to covid. This is absolutely ridiculous the phone number is still active and going to voicemail. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks