Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tu Go

bilko2
2: Seeker

Is Vodafone going to do anything like O2's Tu Go?

IE being able to make and recieve calls to my vodafone number over WiFi

Bill

66 REPLIES 66

According to EE's website UMA calling on Orange is no longer available to new customers which I guess means that the technology they're rolling out this autumn suceeds it.

dsw76

Yes, I hope Vodafone are considering rolling out this type of app out as it could basically do the job of a Suresignal without having to have a separate box installed. Everyone's a winner!

I would also be keen on an app like this from Vodafone as the sure signal is OK but has its bad moments too, but at the moment we have to relly on it for mobile coverage at home - far better just to be able to use our wireless router and fewer calls to VF support.

Also since VF retired the old European Data Traveller and Passport services, for my usage European roaming has gone from £10 to an extortionate £90 per month; I now only use BT Smart talk or Skype to call from abroad over local WiFi services - it would be great to also be able to recieve calls to my VF number over WiFi like O2 customers can with TU GO.

I essentiall joined VF from O2 because of the sure signal and its then progressive low European roaming charges, it is increasing looking like I'll transfer back unless a service like TU GO is available very soon.

My VF contract is up in a month so it would be good to know quickly as it is a faff to move numbers again.

im keen on this too, where i live, NR19 (east dereham) we apparently have a working signal but we dont, there are so many shops in town now with Wifi. Tugo would be good. 11 months left on meh contract.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jamsterdm,

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Cheers, Ben

humadoon
4: Newbie
Its a wonderful service I have an o2 contract and makes life so much easier. I can make or receive calls, texts from upto 5 devices.
I wish vf offers a similar service it would be great.
winter is coming/b>

Come on Vodafone, you are missing a trick here. If you carry on insisting that we have to buy sure signal you will soon have all your customers switching to O2. Tu Go does the same job and its FREE!!

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Ok WiFi calling is call VOIP

Voice Over Internet Protacal 

Now Tu Go is fine but you can do this Now with out a app

Use Google Hang outs if you have the persons email go on google plus and if there on you can call them 

Even from WiFi Hotspots 

BUT DO NOT USE 3G or you will say bye bye to your data plan

Now in the UK we have not got Google talk but in the usa you have and that works just like a phone 

I did a lecture on VOIP and it will teak over from Mobiles for many 

as BT is expanding the Wifi Hotspots and so is Sky and Virginmedia

so if you are any of these customers and you pay your internet at home bingo your away 

VOIP to a Mobile network is a Dirty word to them when this started they brought in Unlimited txt and phone 

But not Data 

People are moveing away from the normal way of comunicating and it will be data  taking over 

so Networks that offer unlimited data will keep there customers 

diztig
8: Helper
8: Helper

A Vodafone equivalent TuGo would be INCREDIBLY useful for those spots that I can't get a phone signal but have access to WiFi.

The SureSignal product is a great solution for home, but you can't really carry one around with you and start mucking around with other folks' routers to use it 😕

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It certainly would be useful but different networks do different things. The Sure Signal has been around for a while now but the other networks haven't replicated that for themselves in the same way.

The software development team have their plans mapped out for many months to come so they won't be producing an equivalent any time soon I wouldn't think.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png