cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WWDC from Apple Starts Today 8/6/15 to 12/6/15.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Apples WWDC starts Today 8/6/15 and runs until 12/6/15

"Apple Worldwide Developers Conference. June 8-12, San Francisco.

Apple’s renowned developer community will come together at WWDC to learn about the future of iOS and OS X."

Their is an App on the App Store as long as your device is on iOS 8.3.

Exciting times for iDevice owners.

Hopefully we'll hear about iOS 9 and OS X information.

WWDC

image.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

31 REPLIES 31

BandOfBrothers
I think that follows on from their online help page of giving instructions on how to switch from Android to iOS.

This one https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201196

All in all a pretty decent Keynote with lots of changes and features to look forward to.

I'm a little disappointed that split screen on the iPad is only for the iPad Air 2 which is probably because it has 2Gb of RAM under its hood. Not sure I'll be tempted to upgrade from my iPad Air just for this !

So now I'll be looking for any other snippets of info that comes out from this up to the 12/6/15 and then watching various other forums and Blogs to see how the developers find the Beta Versions.

I was actually tempted to put iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 Plus ,as the Beta on this is open to the public this time around but as its my daily driver I dropped back down to reality, as I can't afford to be running a buggy iOS. 😉

Happy days. 😎

Current Phone  >

"Interesting to see that Apple has now produced a specific app to help people from move from Android to iOS."

Ugh... why on earth would anyone want to take that regressive step?  :robottongue:

jeffkinn

What step are you referring to?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
Oh dear - Not an Android Vs iOS discussion. lol. 😎

Bet my iPhone 6 Plus can do whatever your Android can 😜

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

Having used both platforms extensively I can say that there is no difference at all between them other than being apply to use different home screen launchers.

Both are excellent and I'd use either very happily. If I thought that Android phone suited my needs better than the 6+ I'd switch back with no hesitation. But that's unlikely to happen any time soon.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
I concur.

I've been fortunate to use iOS , Android and Windows through reviewing handsets for another Network.

Each I agree brings its own Pro's and Con's.

😃

Current Phone  >

While i agree that the "out of the box"  users will only find interface differences, fact is that iOs is pretty limited and constricting to power users/devs.

And I have a pretty large collection  all platforms - and have used them all in rooted and non rooted settings, and in my experience it is easier to what i want/need done with droid over iOs. 

......this allows for  (faster development of) elegant sys level code 

toolchain in droid is more accesable (no need to dev on Mac) 

Java,etc....

jeffkinn

I can't talk about developing as I'm not a developer but I'm definitely a power user and I don't agree with you whatsoever. I find no limitations whatsoever other than in the realms of personalisation.

I do know that developers are far more inclined to write apps for iOS platforms as they tend to make a lot more money from the App Store than the Play Store - 1.5 million apps and 100 billion downloads speaks for itself.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Good insight. 😄

It in my opinion boils down to what the end user wants and needs from their handset.

Some prefer that with iOS you can pick pretty much any iPhone / iPad up and get straight into it off the bat.

I prefer more with my iPhone but that's my choice.

And that's the beauty of choice.

Anyhow.

Who's up for the Music App when it launches ?

3 free months to test it out seems a fair move by  !

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

I don't listen to a great deal of music as I prefer audio books. But I probably will subscribe. I just hope they don't go for the $9.99 = £9.99 pricing model.

I'm also very annoyed that Barclays, my bank, are the only UK high street bank not supporting Apple Pay. I've tweeted them and also emailed my bank manager telling them that it's essential that they do support Apple Pay.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png