Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

smart tab 2 7" user manual

nereus2001
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Please can you tell me where to download the full user manual (not the 26 page user guide, which is inadequate) for this product?  Specifically, I am trying to find out why it is telling me every 10 seconds that the internal memory is full and I have to delete apps. I want to move these apps to the SD card which is almost empty. How do I do that?

7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion

A quick Google suggests that's all there is, I'm afraid.

If the OS will allow you to move apps to the SD card, tapping on them in Manage Apps in Settings should show the options.  Not all apps can be moved to external memory.

If the option isn't shown, there are apps which may be able to do this for you, but I can't recommend any as I've never tried them.

Thanks for that Hrym.  What I am actually trying to do is run Sky Demon on the tablet. This requires at least 768MB of RAM.  Can you tell me how much RAM is on board a Smart Tab II 7"?  At the mo I can't even get the app to download onto the tablet - though there is plenty of storage to spare.

hrym

Depending on what OS it's running, there may be a Task Manager app that'll show you that, either built in or downloadable.  768mb is quite a lot and I doubt you'd be able to run much else.  My Samsung 7" tablet (according to its task manager) only starts with about that amount and it drops quite dramatically in use.

Do you get a message when you try to download?  (Such as the app not being compatible).

No message at all - just no progress in the download bar.

The android is 4.0.4

There were 1.2GB of photos and videos in memory, so I am trying (when I get a free moment, hardly ever) to move these onto the SD card which has 4GB free, so as to make room for Sky Demon.

But the tablet itself is not at all clear about what is "internal storage" (max 503MB I think) and what is RAM (which must be higher than the space the photos are taking up), but which I can't see how big it is to start with.

If I can't sort it this week, I guess I'll go and buy a Nexus 7" which I know works fine for an aviating pal.

hrym

I agree.  The storage analysis doesn't show usable RAM, though the Task Manager app on my Samsung devices (Gingerbread and ICS) can do that.  My Galaxy Tab 2 (7") is very limited and frequently struggles.

It might be worth having a look on Play to see if there's an independent app that does it, but my guess would be that the Smart 2 isn't an over-resourced device. Moving as much as you can onto an sd card will free up storage, but not RAM.  It's possible that this will provide enough space for the download, but I dont' know whether there'll be enough RAM for the Sky app to run.

FWIW, as far as I can tell, my Tab has 1gb gross RAM, which reduces to about 750mb usable after the OS is loaded.   The S2 looks like having 2gb, which reduces to 1 and a bit, which is enough for most things.

The problem with what are essentially entry-level devices is that they're fine until you find out just what a smart device can do and start to get ambitious.  It sounds as though you may have outgrown the Smart and that a Nexus may well be the way to go.  Remember that it has no sd expansion, so consider the 32gb version.

OK - thanks for that tip about the Nexus. I don't think it has SIM capability either does it? Relies on WIFI. (Which I can provide, I think, even in a microlight)

hrym

I don't think there's a mobile-enabled version of the Nexus at all.

(Which I can provide, I think, even in a microlight)

Trying not to think about that!