main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other OS

Lumia 640 not recognizing Sim after battery ran out

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hello all,

I've had a Lumia 640 for about 3 months now and yesterday my battery ran out. When I charged it again and turned on the phone it wouldn't recognize my Sim card. I took out the Sim and turned it on, then turned it off, put in the Sim and switched it on. No change. I did a soft reset but it still won't recognize my Sim. Why would the phone not recognize my sim just because my battery died?

Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Process of elimination: Can you try your Sim in another phone to rule out either the SIM card or Phone which may be at fault. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View solution in original position

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Process of elimination: Can you try your Sim in another phone to rule out either the SIM card or Phone which may be at fault. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View solution in original position

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I went to the Vodaphone shop and they gave me a new sim. Vodaphone gave me the wrong sim size from the get go. Not happy with Vodaphone at all as I wasted 20 mins trying to contact them on my landline. I can't use the call back as it never works and the online chat is a joke as it's always busy. Add to that I can't use the 'my vodaphone' app on my phone and I'm really beginning to get ##~## off with Vodaphone as they're impossible to contact. I'll definitely be moving to another phone company once this contract runs out.

View more options