Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 640 not recognizing Sim after battery ran out

mark4471
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello all,

I've had a Lumia 640 for about 3 months now and yesterday my battery ran out. When I charged it again and turned on the phone it wouldn't recognize my Sim card. I took out the Sim and turned it on, then turned it off, put in the Sim and switched it on. No change. I did a soft reset but it still won't recognize my Sim. Why would the phone not recognize my sim just because my battery died?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Process of elimination: Can you try your Sim in another phone to rule out either the SIM card or Phone which may be at fault. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Process of elimination: Can you try your Sim in another phone to rule out either the SIM card or Phone which may be at fault. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I went to the Vodaphone shop and they gave me a new sim. Vodaphone gave me the wrong sim size from the get go. Not happy with Vodaphone at all as I wasted 20 mins trying to contact them on my landline. I can't use the call back as it never works and the online chat is a joke as it's always busy. Add to that I can't use the 'my vodaphone' app on my phone and I'm really beginning to get ##~## off with Vodaphone as they're impossible to contact. I'll definitely be moving to another phone company once this contract runs out.