main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other broadband queries

£100 Amazon reward voucher not received after joining Vodaphone Broadband

Highlighted
2: Seeker

OK, Hi to everyone, my first post.

Where shall I start. I have a dual 18 month contract for myself and my wife's phones. I got an offer to swap to Superfast Broadband and get a £100 voucher from one of a selection of associated retailers to Vodaphone. Sounded like a great deal so I chose to swap away from TalkTalk as their customer service was impossible to get hold of. I chose a £100 Amazon voucher and received a confirmation message informing me that after 3 months a voucher would be sent out to me after the validity period had been confirmed. Six months down the line and I've still not received my voucher.

I wanted to buy an expensive item off Amazon so this re-jogged my memory and I started to chase this up.  Eventually I was supplied with an Email to uk-vodaphonevouchers*awin.c@m to complain and ask for follow-up. (Note: the * and @ are substituted for '@' and 'com' to allow the address to be submitted)

Guess what.....I got a reply telling me the domain is not valid....great, and thought I had finally made the progress I needed. I Phoned again and they all say the same namely, 'thats the Email we have been given and should be used to complain'. I've now spent almost two hours on the phone to various Vodaphone departments and I feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall. I also hope 0808 numbers aren't premium or this will be costing me a fortune. Apparently it's via a third party company called WeGift, but the obviously don't!

Can anyone help with resolving this problem???

Stu

View more options
108 REPLIES 108
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Monkfish457 

There are plenty of third party and affiliate sites who offer incentives in return for signing up to a provider but it is important to remember the offer was made by the third party and advertised on the third party site. Vodafone couldn't be liable for honouring an offer they had not advertised and made.   

You will need to go back to the point of sale for this one and contact the third party direct, they were responsible for promising the Amazon gift voucher.  Presumably, the third party or gift card company will have terms and conditions and expiry date for the offer.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Anns,

Thanks for your reply. The original offer was from WeGift.io. I found a link to their 'friendly customer care team' and have sent an Email requesting an explanation. Third party or not Vodaphone's details and logos are all over the Email I received so this still falls on Vodaphone as a joint party or WeGift are breaching Vodaphones copyright and trademark use. I don't expect a reply but fingers crossed. 

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @Monkfish457, I'm sorry to hear you've not received your Amazon voucher. Have the WeGift team got back to you?

@AnnS is correct, this isn't an offer that we've run ourselves and looks to be through a third party. Please continue to keep me updated and let me know how you get on. 

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi Stu,

Did you get a good result in the end? I'm in the same position. Been with Vodafone 4 months and no voucher received!  Vodaphone customer services told to me email uk-vodafonevouchers 'at' awin 'dot' com

who initially replied fairy quickly, asking to confirm my email address matched what I used on the registration form. I quoted all the references numbers too. I've heard nothing back since. I've emailed 4 times over the past few weeks. Nothing back. 
Vodafone - clearly this is some kind of scam. I not out of pocket but still feel cheated into signing up to Vodafone with false promises. Future customers be warned. I found this forum post easily via a Google search so hopefully others may find this too. 
If by some chance I get the voucher (or an account credit)  I'll come back and update this post. 

Paul

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,

I've recieved multiple replies. Kept telling me to check my junk email folder but never any replies. Even tried an alternative work Email address which is unique and still nothing. As far as I'm converned it's a con to get you to join Vodaphone. 6 months left them I'm leaving, their loss!

Monk

View more options
Highlighted

I too fell for this - it is a total SCAM!

The promotion was: a £100 Amazon gift voucher, if you purchased Vodafone broadband through uSwitch

I don't know how in this day & age companies are allowed to get away with this. These promotions are plastered across the front page of huge websites. In my case it was on uSwitch. With the Vodafone logo prominently there. Clearly an enticing offer - the "£100 Amazon voucher" was indeed the only reason I signed up for Vodafone broadband!

I don't accept that "it's operated by a 3rd party and nothing to do with us" thing. The "third party" hides behind an anonymous mailbox and does its best to stall, come up with invalid excuses or generally do anything not to pay.

I followed all of the terms & conditions of the promotion to the letter of the law, took screenshots / PDF's of the screens at the time. And now inevitably, 120 days has passed, and no gift voucher has been sent.

Contacting the WeGift fraudsters via their anonymous mailbox (uk-vodafonevouchers at awin dot com) resulted in first ignoring, and then random (totally invalid) excuses why it can't be paid, such as:

• "oh, it's outside of the date range"
    - actually, no it's not (provided proof)
  • "nah, we don't handle that type of broadband - not sure why our e-mail address is on there"
    - really? you are listed everywhere (terms and conditions, offical websites, etc.) as the official contact for this!

I don't think this is fair, as it is massive false advertising. I intend to contact MoneySavingExpert and Which? about this, because there is something deeper here. It is against all consumer rights that such a widely promoted offer is a total fraud and scam.

View more options
Highlighted

I understand how frustrating this must be @nathan-pac As the the offer was made by the third party and advertised on their site. We're unable to help with claiming this as it's not an offer we've made. For more help with this, you'll need to continue to contact them directly through the email address listed in your post. 

View more options
Highlighted

Well thank you Vodafone. I never received my voucher. But - as you decided to put your prices up and I'd only been a customer for 5 months, they gave me the option to leave without penalty. Guess what....I left! I did call Vodafone first and complained about this voucher scam. They left me on hold for 90mins waiting for "customer care" before I gave up. Timed nicely with BlackFriday deals too. Note: I signed up directly on the new provider's website, not with ScamSwitch dot com. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, did you ever get your voucher? Thanks for taking the time to post. I now realise I'm very much not alone with this same problem. I've been going round and round emailing the different address that Vodafone give me. I am now blocked from the one email recevier. Interesting. I only asked if someone could please reply to me. 

View more options

I really can't believe what I'm reading  which suggests that a top flight company could be involved with a scam where vouchers are offered to new customers - then not honoured?!!  I've posted a formal complaint to Vodafone listing all the steps taken speaking to  Vodafone staff plus email liaison with the "third party company" to try to obtain my £100 Amazon voucher for taking out their broadband offer last July, as advertised on the Martin Lewis website.  They have not replied yet (after two weeks) so it does look ominous. Despite providing lots of proof to the third party company they say my "sign up email" is not the correct one?!?  And now they've stopped responding to my messages. It is simply not good enough for Vodafone to absolve all responsibility by blaming it on the third party company, which they appointed to promote their offer.  It's a cheap trick.  They need to do the right thing and help their customers. I will be taking this further. 

View more options
Highlighted

Well said.

I'm counting down the days on my Vodaphone contracts, Thats 2 phones and the Broadband. I don't like false promises and if the offer (even if it was from a 3rd party) had Vodaphone's logos and banners on it and as such they ARE still responsible. Vodaphone will soon be £90/month worse off for not honouring their/3rd party agreement.

Please keep me informed of how you get on as I'll support your complaint if needed!

Monk

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @706902, If you've raised a complaint with our Customer Relations team we're unable to intervene on your behalf. They're out highest escalation point and will be happy to work with you until we reach a suitable resolution.

View more options
Highlighted

I can't wait to move from Vodafone too, and take my two phone contracts and broadband somewhere else.

I have been fobbed off for hours on the customer service chat with measly offers of waiving my 20£ bill for 2 months which amounts to £40 last time I checked, less than 50% of the money I was meant to be receiving in the form of an amazon voucher. Please all fight to at least get your next two broadband bills waivered. I will keep fighting for the rest until I can then leave them altogether. 

View more options
Highlighted

I wrote to them nearly three weeks ago but not yet received a reply or acknowledgement 

View more options
Highlighted

Have had similar experience after signing up for broadband.

The third party company dealing with the Gift vouchers is now claiming the sign up was done through asome random website that I never even heard of and strangly enough I visited that site after they claimed this to find that that site doesnt even offer Vodfone promotions. 

I signed up after visiting USwitch,com which directed me to the vodafone main site to sign up still have all the Email confirmations and referance numbers from them to prove it!

Sent complaint Emails to them & Uswitch with no responce from either.

Forwarded all this to Trading standards now, best I can hope for is they investigate all the other cases where people have been drawn into this scam

and force this promotion off the web.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Andyyy , I'm sorry to hear you've not received your Amazon voucher. Have you conracted the WeGift team and have they got back to you? This isn't an offer that we've run ourselves and looks to be through a third party.  Please keep us updated with how you get on with this. 

View more options
Highlighted

Contacted them, 

They are claiming there order wasn't placed through Vodaphone, 

I have the order confirmation to prove otherwise, 

Sent them this and email evidence of the initial sign up that was 2 days ago and they still havnt responded, 

Copied in, uswitch complaints as they are the initially offering the promotion, 

They havnt responded either, 

Filled complaint now with trading standards, Ofcom, advertising standards agency, 

Waiting in reply from trading standards, 

OFCOM have replied and advised to take complaint with Vodafone as the promotion is offered in partnership with Vodafone and WeGift.

And will investigate further if more complaints are received 

Anyone else on the community forum having similar issues with this promotion, 

Can complain to Ofcom 

And site the reference in thier complaint 

Ofcom reference: 00881975

View more options
Highlighted

Great work.

keep going. I had a message from broadband choices saying it's Vodafone's fault not theirs. It's all so confusing. I battled online with Vodafone and got some money credited to bill but it's not the value of the voucher. 

View more options
Highlighted

It's a crappy situation, none of these companies are willing to take ownership of the issue, 

And after reading these post it's clearly affecting quite a few people, 

Hope more people complain tbh 

They might actually have to do somthing if enough people kick up a fuss, 

It's just frustrating as hell 

View more options