Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£100 Amazon reward voucher not received after joining Vodaphone Broadband

Monkfish457
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

OK, Hi to everyone, my first post.

Where shall I start. I have a dual 18 month contract for myself and my wife's phones. I got an offer to swap to Superfast Broadband and get a £100 voucher from one of a selection of associated retailers to Vodaphone. Sounded like a great deal so I chose to swap away from TalkTalk as their customer service was impossible to get hold of. I chose a £100 Amazon voucher and received a confirmation message informing me that after 3 months a voucher would be sent out to me after the validity period had been confirmed. Six months down the line and I've still not received my voucher.

I wanted to buy an expensive item off Amazon so this re-jogged my memory and I started to chase this up.  Eventually I was supplied with an Email to uk-vodaphonevouchers*awin.c@m to complain and ask for follow-up. (Note: the * and @ are substituted for '@' and 'com' to allow the address to be submitted)

Guess what.....I got a reply telling me the domain is not valid....great, and thought I had finally made the progress I needed. I Phoned again and they all say the same namely, 'thats the Email we have been given and should be used to complain'. I've now spent almost two hours on the phone to various Vodaphone departments and I feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall. I also hope 0808 numbers aren't premium or this will be costing me a fortune. Apparently it's via a third party company called WeGift, but the obviously don't!

Can anyone help with resolving this problem???

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, It seems there’s been a little confusion regarding these offers 😕 Let’s see if we can clear things up a little and help get everyone on the right track 😁

You’re only eligible if  you sign up online, and fill in your email address after clicking out on the third party site, before landing on our site.

It can take up to 120 days to receive the gift card and you must wait this time before raising this further.

If you've not received your giftcard after this time, please follow one of the below escalation routes 👉

• If you switched using Uswitch between the 1st of December 2019 and the 27th of February 2020 .Pop you query over to uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com
  • If you joined us through Uswitch on or after the 28th of February 2020: Any queries should be sent to rewards@giftcloud.com
  • If you came to us through Money Super Market, Broadband Choices, Go Compare, Money Saving Expert etc  at any timeYou can raise any queries  to uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com

View solution in original position

174 REPLIES 174

Thank you! Thank you! 
I first commented on this thread back in November last year, having been a customer for more than 4 months and was blanked by the company running this offer. So today, having read recent posts saying you need to threaten Trading Standards, I thought I’d give that a go. Well, within an hour I got my voucher email and I wasted no time applying the £100 Amazon voucher on my account. Done!
I had signed up to Vodafone nearly a year ago! And what’s even better, I left Vodafone last winter when they put their prices up and let me leave as I’d been with them less than 6 months - no charge (but I had been a customer long enough for that voucher of course).

i joined Vodafone  broadband  Jan 20th 2020 (activation date)

As yet have still to receive the £100 Amazon Voucher.  Which apparently activates after 120 days.  It surprises me some people are receiving their voucher a lot sooner than this.

I joined vodafone through a comparison website which offered the amazon voucher from WEGIFT.IO

Luckily i have confirmation of the order and a reference number.  I did send them a message asking about it but have heard nothing.

Strangely enough when i select the option for claiming my voucher it has the automated script

We are waiting for your purchase to be confirmed, this can take up to 2 weeks. You will qualify for your eGift Card after 120 days.

Should i chase vodafone about this as well?  The wegift page is heavily branded with Vodafone logo and name and actually looks like it is from vodafone.

Unfortunately Vodafone aren’t interested in helping with this affiliated  partner. Best to send the email direct

to WeGift, as myself and others have done. (Have a read back through this thread). 

You can chose how to start and end the email, just include something like this:

(Mine also included an email trail and reference numbers)

“It is unacceptable that you have not followed through with the offer as promised to Vodafone customers. If I do not hear back from you within 48 hours with details to access my my Amazon voucher, I will take this matter further with Trading Standards.”

Hope this helps. 

Hi

I just wanted to add to this with another good news story.

I joined vodafone broadband at the start of January via Broadband Choices (so it's the "awin" company I'm dealing with)

I sent a polite request for the voucher 6 days ago.

I heard nothing from them at all.

So I sent off another email today just saying how I hadn't heard from them and I was very concerned about their lack of reply.

I included both my voucher code and vodafone sign-up code.

I've just heard back from them (about 30 minutes after sending my reminder email), and they've sent the voucher through!

£100 is sitting in my amazon account right now!

So happy about this.

I just wanted to let anyone coming along here in future to know it looks like Awin are starting to get their act together on this (based on my limited experience ofc).

And also I want to thank everyone who's put in the work before me - the previous posters on this thread who it looks to me did a lot of the heavy lifting on this matter.

It frankly stinks that we've had to get in touch with this company and hassle them and ask for something which was part of the deal when we signed up. 

And if I hadn't taken a screenshot of my voucher code way back in January I think I'd be in quite a bit of trouble right now with regard to proving I was part of the scheme.

Anyway, for me it's all settled now.

So thanks everyone!

I applied on 27th January and have my confirmation email.

I'm 3 emails and 10 days in to my journey to get this voucher now.

My last email to awin used your advice and mentioned trading standards. Fingers crossed!

Hi @jgstevenson 

You will need to contact the third party directly to find out whats happening with the voucher 🙂 So we give you the correct details, can you tell us which comparison site you used when placing the order? 

Hi just an update.  I emailed a letter as advised in this thread mentioning trading standards.  Sent it to uk-vodafone vouchers   @    awin com     (deliberately inserted spaces and  and  . because forum software doesnt like it)   If i don't hear back in a week ill take it up with Trading Standards and ASA.  I wouldn't have taken up the offer to join Vodafone without this offer so do feel a bit conned.

edit:  it seems Vodafone forums are refusing to allow me to post the email of wegift for some bizarre reason

Well well well.  Literally seconds after I post that update I get the email with the gift card code

Success! :Smiling:

emailed wegift yesterday to advise we're coming up to day 120...and today the voucher has arrived and is now safely stored in my Amazon account... They definitely seem to be responding quicker these days, so maybe they've had some grief from Vodafone after the grief we gave them.. Anyway, all done, signing out now..

Same as above . Bought in February and I’m now well passed 120 days. Have emailed multiple times and now been told to contact  gift cloud.com but address bounces. I will be going to trading standards shortly. Fed up with having to fight for this. I too wouldn’t have bought vodaphone deal without the offer.