Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£100 Amazon reward voucher not received after joining Vodaphone Broadband

Monkfish457
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

OK, Hi to everyone, my first post.

Where shall I start. I have a dual 18 month contract for myself and my wife's phones. I got an offer to swap to Superfast Broadband and get a £100 voucher from one of a selection of associated retailers to Vodaphone. Sounded like a great deal so I chose to swap away from TalkTalk as their customer service was impossible to get hold of. I chose a £100 Amazon voucher and received a confirmation message informing me that after 3 months a voucher would be sent out to me after the validity period had been confirmed. Six months down the line and I've still not received my voucher.

I wanted to buy an expensive item off Amazon so this re-jogged my memory and I started to chase this up.  Eventually I was supplied with an Email to uk-vodaphonevouchers*awin.c@m to complain and ask for follow-up. (Note: the * and @ are substituted for '@' and 'com' to allow the address to be submitted)

Guess what.....I got a reply telling me the domain is not valid....great, and thought I had finally made the progress I needed. I Phoned again and they all say the same namely, 'thats the Email we have been given and should be used to complain'. I've now spent almost two hours on the phone to various Vodaphone departments and I feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall. I also hope 0808 numbers aren't premium or this will be costing me a fortune. Apparently it's via a third party company called WeGift, but the obviously don't!

Can anyone help with resolving this problem???

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, It seems there’s been a little confusion regarding these offers 😕 Let’s see if we can clear things up a little and help get everyone on the right track 😁

You’re only eligible if  you sign up online, and fill in your email address after clicking out on the third party site, before landing on our site.

It can take up to 120 days to receive the gift card and you must wait this time before raising this further.

If you've not received your giftcard after this time, please follow one of the below escalation routes 👉

• If you switched using Uswitch between the 1st of December 2019 and the 27th of February 2020 .Pop you query over to uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com
  • If you joined us through Uswitch on or after the 28th of February 2020: Any queries should be sent to rewards@giftcloud.com
  • If you came to us through Money Super Market, Broadband Choices, Go Compare, Money Saving Expert etc  at any timeYou can raise any queries  to uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com

View solution in original position

174 REPLIES 174

I can't see the attachment on my phone or desktop.

My email was definitely from Vodafone, 'hello at message dot vodafone dot co dot uk' saying that I'll receive another email from wegift, 28 days after connection, with my voucher code. I've attached the whole email.

"In the meantime, sit back, relax and we’ll do the rest for you"....

Just found how to open the attachment (sorry it's been one of those days..)

I didn't receive anything like that, that's the one I should have got after the 28 days.

So I spoke with chat, who blamed Wegift - then emailed Wegift, who simply blamed Vodafone. As said earlier in this thread - it's just a scam. 

Regards, Dave.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@DaveGilchrist

I can't read the T&C's on your picture, any chance you could enlarge them and post again?

You said you have been on Vodafone for some time. Were you a mobile customer who joined the broadband or did you have broadband already?

Sorry to keep asking questions, but I'd like to know why it worked for some but not others.

In view of the email you would think it easy for Vodafone to check why you didn't get your voucher. but then we are talking about Vodafone.

Hi, yes I’ve been with Vodafone for several years, this promotion was for existing mobile customers to take on broadband with Vodafone too. £3 a month discount on the package, plus the voucher. I made sure to click the correct link, on the Vodafone website etc. Got the email confirmation, from Vodafone, about the voucher, other emails with the tracking for the router, 4K box, contract, everything . Then nothing more about the voucher. Went through chat, came here (by googling ‘Vodafone voucher scam’ - the more times those words are in this thread, the more people will find it).

The terms and conditions say that you must have come through Vodafone etc, will attach that shortly.

Yes, they could chase this themselves obviously, but the whole point of the scam, fraud, lie is that they’ll blame Wegift, Wegift blame Vodafone, customer gets sick of going in circles and gives up. Customer still pays Vodafone monthly, signed to a contract. Vodafone wins.

So now, every chance I get to put people off from signing up to them, is a small win for me.

Jayach

I really don't think it's a scam.

Incompetence or failure of processes maybe. The worst thing is they can't give a good reason why people have not got their vouchers and that is unforgivable.

I too try to put people off going to Vodafone, but it's just because the support, if needed. it so appalling.

The support is less than apalling, its non existant.

Theyve come on this forum offering to help then disappeared, theyre ignoring me on twitter, they keep promising to get back to me the next day on facebook chat but I get noting so have to chase it up, they promise to call you back when you ring them but they dont, they dont reply to emails.

I dont think I would want a discount on broadband for having a mobile account too as I wouldnt trust them to run that properly either.

I think its a either a scam. or incompetence.

I finally got a resoloution on this.

Following the message that Im not eligable I admit I saw red, phoned Vodafone complaints 03333040441

and after a couple of attempts got through to someone and expressed my extreme displeasure.

They transfered me to someone else and he was told about how angry I was, to be fair he got the message and I was transfered to a manager who explained I wasnt entitled to the voucher as it was broadband extra that got a voucher and I only had broadband.

Whilst I remained unhappy at this news at least it made sence and was understandable which was a heck of a lot more than anyone else so far had told me.

I then informed him that was not clear on the website and not what Id been informed all along for the last week and a half.

The manager confirmed he had my communications in from of him, the emails, the telephone calls, the social media communication, the live chat dialog, and that I had not recieved good service so he was going to compensate me, not quite to £75 but we reached an amicable soloution.

So whilst I remain wholly unsatisfited with the way Vodafone treats their customers, this was a good outcome.

I suggest to everone reading this whos having problems to give that number a ring and tell them how useless they are.

Jayach

@GarryWhite wrote:

manager who explained I wasnt entitled to the voucher as it was broadband extra that got a voucher and I only had broadband.

That's strange as I joined on Superfast2 and got the £75 acknowledgement email.

I was considering adding the calls package but realised it would cost the same as Extra but without the Apple 4k so changed my contract to Extra. I was worried that may have made me ineligible for the Amazon vouchers but they turned up in due course.

Vodafone were very efficient at swapping my contract ( I was still in the cooling off period) but have been less efficient in my dealings with them since.

Glad you've had a result @GarryWhite, still, why it took all of that is beyond me - Vodafone clearly know about the issue, and choose to ignore it. Trying to blame Wegift is just a childish cop-out, they should take ownership of the problem. It's Vodafone's image being harmed.

My package is 'Superfast 2 Extra with Apple TV on us - with the Vodafone Together Discount £3' so according to the manager, I am entitled to the voucher.. I'll give that number a call, thanks very much.

Dave.

They asked for my account number on the 3rd December 2020 and Ive heard nothing since, despite sending several follow up emails asking about it. Ive phoned up and been promised to be called back yet heard nothing.

Yes, Im feeling pretty ignored!