Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2.4GHz not working

volcane_uk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, Our vodafone router will not connect to any devices on the 2.4Ghz setting, (5Ghz works fine).

I have split the SSID's and tried just about every trick in the book to connect the printer, wifes mobile and a games console to the 2.4Ghz frequency and none of them will connect. 

I have factory reset the router several times, added MAC addresses, tried static ip's plus other options and nothing works.

Do I have a faulty router?

Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

Hi -  as I said, I tried splitting it. It doesn't make a difference.... regardless of whether its split or not 2.4Ghz devices (those that only support 2.4ghz) can no longer connect to the router. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really do wish they'd stop on this split the SSIDs fetish - in 99% of cases it's the wrong thing to do!

What's probably happening is that you have a device or two that uses the USA channel range that ranges from 1 to 11, and the router is sitting on channel 12 or 13!  Simple answer set the router to use a channel in the range of 1 - 11 and it should work!

Thanks for the tip

Mark, I'm having the same issues even with the new router. I've spent countless hours on the phone to the tech team and still no resolve. Can you please advise how to fix? It's a nightmare. 

I'm having the same issue. I have tried restarting and factory resetting the router; splitting SSIDs; switching off 5GHz band; changing frequencies.  Nothing works.  No SSID picked up on the 2.4GHz band on my network analysis app on my phone.  Called vodafone support. They said they ran a remote diagnostic and it is working! They will ask BT Openreach to test the line.  Very frustration as my router has no problem with internet connection.  The problem is clearly within the router itself. The problem is, my extenders use the 2.4GHz band so now my home wifi network is not working.  Very frustrating.  Seem to have hit a brick wall with support.  What now??

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@StevenKinnear

It does sound like the router isn't broadcasting the 2.4GHz WiFi.

Firstly I would try factory resetting the router by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds, or use the firmware option. You can see (but not change) the channel it is using by going to Status & Support in the router and scrolling down.  I have the THG3000 router so I don't know if the earlier routers are the same.

I resume that when you split the 2.4 /5Ghz channels you give them different names (SSID), otherwise your devices will only "see" one name.

I have the same issue.  2.4g with a weak signal,  which you can only connect to 1meter away.  Vodafone tech support have been zero help in fixing this issue.  Hours on the phone with them,  still will not connect to any 2.4g device in the house.  Vodafone will not replace the unit, which clearly has an issue,

I am in a contact with Vodafone, but I will kick them into touch at the end of it.  Never to return.

useless.

Hi Mark, 

@Mark

I know this is a very old forum but I've got the same problem and all of tech support says I need to pay for WiFi boosters but it doesn't work even when I'm right next to the router.

Thank you 

Ganesh

Jayach

@Ganesh20

If you have tried some of the suggestions in this thread, such as using a WiFi analyser to check it is actually broadcasting, factory resetting the router. and confirming it's on a channel your device can see, then some more info on your personal situation (device you are trying to connect etc.) would help.

I'd suggest starting your own thread also as it's easier to follow any advice given.