cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Amazon gift voucher not received -trading standards?

fossean
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Your affiliate, WeGift, say on the status page that the voucher has been emailed to me today. It has not. I have checked my spam folder as suggested.

There are several other threads here full of people with the same problem.

I have emailed uk-vodafonevouchers at awin dot com but not had a reply.

I have phoned both WeGift numbers given in the other thread -- both go to voicemail and I have not had a reply.

This is infuriating! Must I go to trading standards to have this resolved? 

Please don't tell me to contact WeGift, I've already tried and it's impossible. Your affiliate manager (Cai) is featured in a YouTube video by WeGift, talking at length about how great they are, and how Vodafone can access the WeGift portal and change the settings etc, so it is obvious Vodafone can sort this out.

I'd appreciate your help with this as the voucher was the only reason I joined vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just want to follow up on this to help others in the same boat.

I contacted both @UK_Awin and @WeGift on Twitter and both contacted me after a while. I also had a reply from Vodafone's affiliates manager. So ultimately the voucher was received and I'm satisfied that the offer was legitimate, and not a scam as I originally feared.

This could all be avoided if the WeGift website were improved. (I understand that's not within Vodafone's remit). Firstly, the site reports that a voucher has been sent to your email, though it clearly hasn't. Secondly, the site has a big red button to press if you can't find the voucher in your spam folder. This button is completely unresponsive, which immediately causes concern and suspicion. There is an on-site form to fill in if you have a problem, but I didn't receive a reply through that channel. I also didn't receive a callback from either of the customer service numbers I found on another thread here (both went to voicemail). 

I'm sure this wastes an awful lot of time for all involved, and potentially damages reputation when there was actually no deliberate deception.

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

Hi

Me sceptical?

Untrusting?

YEAH I am, however today 18/06 I got this....

Congratulations!

Your recent purchase has been verified and it's time to now claim your eGift.

have any questions, please contact our friendly customer care team at

hello at giftcloud  dot com

Made my choice and now have the dilemma on whether to use it or let the wife loose with it.

I too intend to take the matter of non voucher receipt up with trading standards

Jayach
16: Advanced member
@Sheepburn19 wrote:

I consider it a Vodafone scam and have been attempting to get this promised Amazon £100 voucher for several months since signing up .

I don't consider it a scam ( I say that because I got my voucher) but the conditions seem to change regularly.

Most of the offers seem to be via 3rd party sites (mine was MSE and wegift.io) and you have to be careful to go via their links. Some have been via the Vodafone site direct but you usually need to make sure you complete on-line, if you have a query and call up and they complete the setup that may make the voucher invalid.

I'm not saying that happened to you, and you may have a genuine case, but it's probably incompetence not malice/fraud.

Either way I would have expected you to have had some email correspondence early on to say you were in the scheme.

Thanks for replying. The offer was made by Vodafone staff at their Gladgow office the agents I was told to contact say they no longer handled this issue and to deal with Vodafone direct , which I have done on several occasions each time receiving reassurances ( foboffs I suspect )

I hold Vodafone culpable as this fiasco stems from their offices and I now consider it a matter of principle that this offer is honoured .

Jayach

Just to show how this works, there is was (now expired) a £130 voucher available (until 1st December  12th November)  via this link:

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/tip-3250

However it takes you to a Vodafone branded offer but at giftcloud and you need to give them your email address before allowing them to take you to the Vodafone website to sign up. The offer will not be available direct from the Vodafone site or over the phone.Screenshot 2021-11-10 180406.jpg

Can anyone advise me how to pressurise Vodafone into honouring their promise of a £100 Amazon gift voucher when I took out their internet service .

I’ve tried the sensible way with emails and telephone discussions to no avail whatsoever  in spite of  assurances .??

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Sheepburn19 👋 Was this service taken out directly through Vodafone, or through a 3rd party/comparison site? If it wasn't directly through ourselves, you may need to contact the 3rd party/comparison site directly about this. Let us know and where it was taken and we'll be more than happy to offer more specific information regarding this. 

Wow a reply thanks .

I purchased the service directly from the Glasgow Vodafone office on the 22nd of May and an assistant wrote down the various options on a sheet of paper listing the 3 main options including the Amazon £100 voucher for Pro broadband .

since when I was referred to a company that supposedly managed this award who replied that I should now approach Vodafone direct which I have done on several occasions with assurances that all is probably in hand firstly need to have the service for 1 month to qualify , then 3 months etc etc .

I feel duped and this is my final attempt before pursuing it officially through other channels .it is now a matter of principle and I will not give up . However I am pleased with the broadband service generally and surprised that I am getting the runaround from Vodafone

Thanks for that information @Sheepburn19. If you contact us on our Twitter or Facebook channels, we would love to help, you can find the contact details here. When you drop us a message, please include your full name, account number and your Community username. 

Stevie_reilly
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been trying since the last week in July to receive the promised Amazon reward. I've been passed from pillar to post and have finally ran out of patience.

I was sold my contract by a Vodafone employee on the Vodafone site and I have all the online chat as proof.

I beleive that Vodafone have been mis-selling these contracts and rewards and will therefore end my contract with them.

I have no intention of paying any early termination charges as it was Vodafone that breached our contract