Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple TV Access

Snowball1000
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just got Vodafone Pro and received an Apple TV 4K box which is supposed to come with free 12 months subscription.  Any idea how you activate this.  I logged on with an existing Apple ID and all it offered was 3 months free.  I used Live Chat and was on for ages but they were no help and said it should be there.  They said try setting up a new Apple ID, which I did and logged on using that and all it said was 7 days free trial.  Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

VFbroadbanduser
10: Established
10: Established

The first thing you need to do with the Apple TV box is update the firmware on it to the latest version.

You don't need to setup another Apple ID, the year subscription will kick in after the trial. You will get a message within Apple TV to activate it for a year on top of any trial.

I think when I did it, it was a 14 day trial and then the year kicked in. The device serial number is linked to the year subscription.

Thanks for the reply.  It turns out I was mis-sold.  I upgraded 2 days ago and was promised over the phone 12 months free Apple TV+.  They are now saying "we haven't offered 12 months for a while and the best you can have is 3 months".  I have raised a formal complaint and am waiting for response.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When I got my Apple 4K it came with 1 year Apple TV+ (never actually watched anything on it, and it has now expired) because that is what Apple offered and the box Vodafone send is exactly what you would buy retail.

Unfortunately Apple now only offer 3 months Apple TV+ so presumably that is all you will get.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-tv/apple-tv-4k

They have given me £40 compensation i.e. equivalent to 8 months extra on top of the 3 months so I am now only 1 month or £4.99 out of pocket on what they promised, so I have accepted it.  They have admitted the salesman quoted 12 months incorrectly.  It took a while and was more a case of the principle of it rather than the free months.  Anyway thanks for the comments etc. and I can recommend Ted Lasso.  Really funny and worth the subscription alone😀😂😂