Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband App “you’re out of contract”

sporeman001
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

App keeps saying I’m out of contract (I’m not) when I run the synch speed test.  Have reported to customer service who says it’s a known problem due to be fixed. That was 4 weeks ago.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app over the course of last 2 weeks but problem still persist. What’s going on? And does anyone else have this same issue?

17 REPLIES 17

I am also having this issue (see the separate thread) and wondered if there's been a solution for it?

Solved. It turned out that when I renewed my contract with Vodafone the info wasn’t updated in BT Openreach system. Hence, the ‘you’re out of contract’ error each time I tried to run synch speed in the app. This one ‘very clued-up’ service agent on Twitter figured that out, did a manual reset from her end. Then had to wait 48hrs before app works as intended and shows synch speed when requested.

Wow! Thanks mate, that’s super helpful. So I need to contact Vodafone customer service again? They list a Home Broadband Support number, but of course it doesn’t take you anywhere. Finding it impossible to actually speak to anyone. 

Try Twitter and if poss. speak to, Amanda. Good luck mate.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

If you're hoping to discuss anything account specific @TheDoc74, our social media team would be happy to help. You can speak to us  here.

Thank you Farai - it seems to have resolved itself for now! I will be getting in touch after the 10-day period if my new contract doesn’t restore the minimum guaranteed speed, but fingers crossed that will happen. The link you have added appears to be broken though? Can you please provide a valid one?

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I may have accidentally left a space in the link the first time. Please give it another go and let us know if you have any more issues accessing it 😊

The Twitter team understood the problem, were sympathetic and assured me that the problem will be fixed. After more than 2 weeks (5 weeks when you include time I first raised the problem via live chat) there’s no result i.e. the problem still persists. Disappointed and flabbergasted as this is clearly not a complex issue.