Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband app doesn't remember pairing

mdennail
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've downloaded the Vodafone Broadband app on Android, and every time I launch it, and even while using it sometimes I have to re-pair with the router. Having go to the router and press a button every time I want to check the app negates the convenience of using an app to start with. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but it makes no difference. Any advice on helping the app remember the pairing would be much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @mdennail this is unusual and not something I've come across before. 

Please can you do a full reset on your router and let me know if this helps it? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It actually suggests either the router WiFi or the device you are trying to connect is getting out of sync somehow.  It's not the Vodafone app itself as this just initiates the built-in pairing that your device performs.

One suggestion might be, in the settings of your device, go into the list of access points it's previously paired with and have it forget all but the router.

Thanks very much - the full router reset seems to have done the job, and the app now remembers the pairing.