main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Broadband app won’t pair with phone

SOLVED
View solved solution
lukejmcgrath
2: Seeker

I just used the camera app on my iPhone and pointed it at the QR code on the router. 

This slipped all the set up and connected the app to my WiFi. 

View more options
lukejmcgrath

Use the camera app on your iPhone not the Vodafone app

View more options
gh2410

Thanks. But that doesn’t work. That just allows you to connect to the WiFi. I’m already connected to the WiFi.

I’ll just have to bin the app off.

View more options
JAFrance69

I have this very common issue, Vodafone have created an App that basically only worked when the router had an internet connection. Whenever I had an issue with the router and would just like to reboot it, the App would not connect to the router! Now having split my WiFi connection the router struggling and me deciding to just use one connection in the house, the App will not connect to the router. Vodafone should do better...

View more options
Dannylachamp

This doesn’t work. 
I like many still have the problem of not being able to pair my Vodafone Broadband App to the Router. 
I can connect my iPhone and any other device to router but the Vodafone app won’t pair as instructed on the app by using the WPS button. iPhones do not allow pairing through WPS buttons. 
The solution offered here of scanning the QR code on the router doesn’t work either. 
Seems a major default. 
many ideas? 

View more options
GreenMachine99
3: Seeker

Well here we are in November 2021 and still not resolved. I have just gone to Vodaphone for broadband. Excellent price, excellent router with a fast connection which I have successfully connected to Mac, iPad, iPhone, Kindle etc. However the Broadband App as others have stated will simply not connect to the router. It finds the router then suggest WPS which of course doesn’t work with iPhones. If I pretend it has found the wrong router it then suggests connecting the iPhone to the router via the iPhone settings - but it is already connected though the app remains unconnected. If I try the QR code it sees it and responds to it but the router won’t let it connect. I’ve done to usual off and ons etc and no joy. Somewhat baffled. 

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

Not having an iPhone, I can't really help with getting it paired, it works fine on Android.

However I can't see any real advantage of using the app over using the router interface. In fact you can do more with the interface.

View more options
KeithAlger

Vodafone has certainly relaxed how the app does things on Android, to the extent that it even connects to my Asus router!  Can't change any settings obviously, but it does connect!

View more options
GreenMachine99

Yes agreed it is not essential. Just convenient. I will probably just delete it but Vodaphone need to know the App does not (always) work on iPhones. I couldn’t set it up on my iPad either. I’m quite techie but really can’t solve this one. 

View more options
Jayach

Does the iPhone app give you the option to use the WiFi password to pair? Other users on this thread have said using the QR code has worked for them, but the QR code contains the default password, so if you have changed yours, try using the one on the bottom of the router as well as the current one.

View more options
GreenMachine99

Thanks for the input. I did think of that so reverted to the original name for the router but have never changed the password.  The QR code doesn’t help as it responds but of course the iPhone is already connected to the router. So the phone is connected but the app refuses to connect. WPD doesn’t work so the next screen is as attached. Both of these options (which I have tried) are pointless as the iPhone is already connected! What is odd is that from the forums this appears to affect only a tiny number of users. 🤔

5E44684C-4B7A-4FB4-81F4-A06A7F3F744C.png

View more options
Jayach

Your picture hasn't been moderated yet, but the current version of the Android app only offers WPS button to pair. Which does work, even though I have WPS turned off in the router!! It doesn't like the button being held, but just needs a quick stab on the button or it won't work. Perhaps try that on your router as, even though iPhones don't use WPS, perhaps it triggers something in the router to accept the incoming app. (yes i know it sounds unlikely, but so does the fact mine works when WPS is disabled)

I'm sure the previous version of the Android app had 3 options for pairing, WPS, router password or scan QR code (from within app) and the first time I did it I used the QR code, maybe the iPhone app is similar to that.

Perhaps once your picture is viewable it may suggest some other method.

View more options
GreenMachine99

Problem solved. I was all ready to try the 'quick WPS blip' suggestion, so started the App... and miraculously for no reason at all... without any blip.... it connected to the router - displaying the serial number, which confused me at first. So all is fine now. We have been having problems with our local mobile phone mast for ages, and it may be that even if the iPhone is connected to the router that the App needs a strong mobile signal to connect. Thanks for your help folks. 

View more options