cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CPI price increase based on original RRP or discounted price?

ser45
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I am thinking about get the Pro Full Fibre 900.

I noticed that there will be annual price increase CPI+3.9%, which is going to be more than 10% next year.

I am just wondering this 10% increase is based on original RRP or discounted price?

Because the original RRP was £63, in that case, it would be a nearly £10 increase for a £30 plan.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The  CPI April increase is based on the full price of the contract pre discount @ser45 .

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Horrific thought isn't it, and there will be 2 April increases in a 2-year contract.

I just phoned customer service. The person confirmed that the CPI increase will be based on discounted price.

When I ask when I find the policy on their website, he said if I take a new plan, it will be in the contract.

I am not sure whether to trust him or not.  

Jayach

@ser45 wrote:

I just phoned customer service. The person confirmed that the CPI increase will be based on discounted price.

I am not sure whether to trust him or not.  

Vodafone being their usual inefficient/ incorrect selves. Personally, I never believe anything they say on the phone, unless they confirm it in writing.

Thank! In that case, I might think of getting a plan with cheaper original price.

Ok, I just got the pre-contract. Yes, the CPI increase will be based on original price.
Thanks!